GEN 2 PPF: Is it necessary?

Worth getting PPF on a Raptor?

• Worth it!

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Skip it.

Votes: 20 46.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got mine back and had the full front bra & bumper, full hood, mirrors, door cups, lower area in front of rear fender all done with XPEL.

They did a few other things while they had it as well.

Looks amazing but no way could I justify the cost to wrap the entire truck. You can completely repaint it for less than that.

Gwain

Reaction score
I just got mine back and had the full front bra & bumper, full hood, mirrors, door cups, lower area in front of rear fender all done with XPEL.

They did a few other things while they had it as well.

Looks amazing but no way could I justify the cost to wrap the entire truck. You can completely repaint it for less than that.

so what was your total cost? Did you very put ceramic on top of the PPF? Any issues with it now that it’s been this long, peeling up, scratches, etc.?

Gwain

Reaction score
I have a clear bra and Ceramic Pro inside and out and I would get it done again in a heartbeat.
Expensive but worth every penny IMO.

7 year guarantee. no waxing detailing etc. It rains and the water beads off my black Raptor like it was just washed.

A downside is you cannot take it through a car wash but I enjoy washing my truck once or twice a week and have some foam cannon fun.
To me its theraputic. I take my time and I enjoy it.

I have the Full Front Package
Front Bumper
Full Hood
Full Fenders
Mirror Caps Ceramic Pro

and interior

Ceramic Platinum
Full Vehicle Detail
2 Layers of Ceramic Pro on paint, headlights, plastic details
1 Layer of Ceramic Pro Light on paint, headlights, plastic details
1 Layer of Ceramic Pro Rain on windshield
1 Layer of Ceramic Pro Leather/Textile on all interior
1 Layer of Ceramic Pro 9H on wheel fascia

* I also don't panic as much when I'm on the highway trying to change lanes to get out of the way of a dump truck spewing debris all over the road.

so how much was the exterior portion you had done? Did you go back and add more, such as doing the doors from getting door dings in parking lots? Or the bed from off-road riding? did you ever go back and use ceramic coating over the PPF?
sorry to ask so much but if you don’t mind answering to help me I would be greatly appreciative.
On the inside seems you did a lot as well which I am still reading all about but could you enlighten me on that portion, cost and what all you covered and how has it held up. new buyer if 19 Raptor and I’m not driving it now trying to decide what all to do to it and who to take it too,
Seems the PPF installers using XPel is high and not sure how great and another does more vinyl but no ceramic coating even Xpel sells there own now.

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so what was your total cost? Did you very put ceramic on top of the PPF? Any issues with it now that it’s been this long, peeling up, scratches, etc.?

No real issues to date. When they ceramic coated the truck it does go over the PPF as well.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my front grill/light surround (basically everything in the grill area thats black painted), partial "large" front fenders (like 2/3 of each one), partial "mini" hood strip (like 4" deep), & the piano black "B" pillars in Xpel ultimate & also had my front windows ceramic tint 20% done @ same time for $680 all-in which I thought was very reasonable. If I had to do it again I would have had the bed sides done because they can take a beating but the cost is quite high

I am considering having like 6-8" of the lower doors/rockers done in linex