PPF Installation - Front End Coverage Quest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armoredveh

Reaction score
I just dropped my new 2020 off to have PPF installed and the front end ceramic coated (I CC'd everything but the front end last week). My question is, can PPF also be installed on the FORD letters on the grill?

I asked to have it applied there as well, but was told the edges tend to start peeling after a couple of years. I told them to do it anyway, but am now second guessing my decision. What do you guys think?

D

Deleted member 12951

How thick of PPF?
I am getting quotes on Xpel Ultimate Plus 10 and I told them a full wrap but they are doing the flares in matte so I would assume they will do the grill in that too

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just dropped my new 2020 off to have PPF installed and the front end ceramic coated (I CC'd everything but the front end last week). My question is, can PPF also be installed on the FORD letters on the grill?

I asked to have it applied there as well, but was told the edges tend to start peeling after a couple of years. I told them to do it anyway, but am now second guessing my decision. What do you guys think?
I have it since last May on my ‘19 no issues so far. I went through a harsh winter too.
I wish I had went with a matte finish as I didn’t expect the glossy finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
armoredveh

armoredveh

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the thickness, but they're installing Suntek PPF in a matte finish. It's what they call a "partial front wrap" where the bumper, headlights, mirrors, grill, fenders and hood up to the cowl is covered. For $1400, which includes having the same area ceramic coated with Modesta, I think I'll be happy.

Rollofire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have them do the Headlights also? I have all of my cars/trucks cover the headlights and they never get that dull look. I have an old 2010 truck and the headlights still look like the day it was new!

OP
OP
armoredveh

armoredveh

Reaction score
Yep, they're doing the headlights too. I actually pick the truck up on Monday...they wanted two full days so the ceramic coat could cure.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did PPF on my 2019 Roush Raptor. Whole hood was done in regular PPF and Stealth one on top of black graphics to keep Mate Finish (everything was hand cut and edge less), lights, fenders and all rocker panels up to first line in the doors also got covered in PPF. Front Bumper, Grill surround and Ford Letter all done in Stealth PPF to keep Satin finish.

20200320_121136.jpg

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm asking a local installer now for pricing:

Full hood, headlights, a-pillars, top of cab (a few inches back from window), full side fenders (not including flairs) and front bumper is $1950. Seems steep.

D

Deleted member 17706

I'm asking a local installer now for pricing:

Full hood, headlights, a-pillars, top of cab (a few inches back from window), full side fenders (not including flairs) and front bumper is $1950. Seems steep.

That’s a fair price. I got the same thing done that you noted minus the bumper for $2k. Your not going to find it much cheaper than $1950 from a reputable shop. It’s $6800 (or so) to wrap your entire vehicle. The material and labor involved is not cheap.

You can see how much the material costs before labor:
https://www.xpel.com/paint-protecti...ars--AND--Light-Trucks/2020/Ford/F_150/Raptor