PPF & Ceramic coat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I know it's overkill but we have way too many dirt/gravel roads here in Maine and I also will spend some $$ to try and keep the truck looking good. I live on a dirt road so can see where I will be pressure washing often and like the idea where if done enough, might be all I need to do 75% of the time.
Just installed this bad boy. First test tomorrow.

20200417_122014.jpg

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the adam's ceramic coating myself. it's actually pretty easy after the paint has been corrected.. spent about 10hours correcting paint, and 3hours installing ceramic coating.
I did one of those customer grade ceramic coatings before on previous car. Huge difference between Pro Level Ceramic Coating that only certified installer can apply and self installed one. Self installed one lasted me about 9 months thats about it.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
W
About $830 with everything. I didnt want to go with $1200 Krenzler Pressure Washer and this one is next best thing with specs of how much water it puts out and pressure between 975-1100 which is perfect for car washing.

What does the $1200 unit bring to the table that your's doesn't? Just more pressure?

D

Deleted member 12951

So are any of you that spent all this money on PPF and ceramic coating plan on taking your Raptor off-road?

I never did anything more than wax on my GEN1. Taking it off-road and hitting brush on thin trails at speed plus other desert brush that comes up. I managed to get every single panel scratched to shit, even the roof from low hanging branches.

I was planning as my first mod to protect the paint so one day when I sell it that either the PPF protected it and it still looks good or I can get it peeled off leaving the paint in good shape.

But does spending $6k on PPF and Ceramic protect against off-roading like this, because that is why I am considering it? I figure if it does then in the end its less than getting the entire truck repainted. Or do all of you do this just to keep it looking nice and easy cleanup for dirt and the occasional highway rocks on pavement?

D

Deleted member 17706

So are any of you that spent all this money on PPF and ceramic coating plan on taking your Raptor off-road?

I never did anything more than wax on my GEN1. Taking it off-road and hitting brush on thin trails at speed plus other desert brush that comes up. I managed to get every single panel scratched to shit, even the roof from low hanging branches.

I was planning as my first mod to protect the paint so one day when I sell it that either the PPF protected it and it still looks good or I can get it peeled off leaving the paint in good shape.

But does spending $6k on PPF and Ceramic protect against off-roading like this, because that is why I am considering it? I figure if it does then in the end its less than getting the entire truck repainted. Or do all of you do this just to keep it looking nice and easy cleanup for dirt and the occasional highway rocks on pavement?

It is not designed for off-road use. I had my Terrain Gen 1 wrapped. I had normal on-road debris (small rocks and what not) penetrate my paint from normal driving on-road. The self healing aspect of the film is great to minimize small/light scratches. But it is by no means designed to do the kind of off-roading that you like to do Rick. You are better off buying shocks and/or something else. I would not wrap the entire vehicle in PPF.

A basic PPF kit for the front of the vehicle is probably worth it. That ranges from about $700-1700 depending on how much coverage you want: full hood/partial hood, full fenders/partial fenders, and so on.

Invest in a nice $400-600 dual action polisher and some DIY ceramic coating and you will be fine for the rest. The polisher will allow you to buff out more than 90% of the surface scratches as long as the scratches did not break through the clear coat.

My Ruby Red Gen 1 that I just traded in looked great after six years because I did paint correction once a year or so. But I also wouldn’t take it through car washes, I would only use a pressure washer to touch the paint, and so on. The less you touch the paint, the better it will age.

Now, shall I email you, or mail you my bill for the advice? :)