GEN 2 PPE Transmission Pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have my B&M rear diff cover sitting here and was thinking of doing front diff, tranny and transfer case fluids all at the same time. I get some hard shifts when the temps are 40 and below here. I know I’m also at only 36k so it’s a little premature for fluids but I figure it couldn’t hurt to switch to all amsoil or redline fluids.

Anyways, I couldn’t find much info on people who have put the PPE trans pan on but did find one YouTube video of a guy who installed it.

Any thoughts on it? Recommendations on fluids or Amsoil or redline good enough? Tricks to install or modifications necessary to fit it? Should I add the B&M dipstick at the same time?

Thanks!!

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this pan on my gen2. I just installed a new filter, gasket, and new fluid from ford. I also added the Ford Performance skid plates. No clearance issues at all with the pan.

Last edited:

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Gen 1, but I second PML. I have one currently. I would’ve gone Mag Hytec since I already had their rear diff cover, but they didn’t have one available for the 6r80 at the time. I’ve been happy with the quality and function of the PML pan though after doing a few fluid and filter changes with it.