PowertraxPro Mx tonneau life hack! (Opens with your home link garage door openers!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a repost from the GEN 2 forum. Should apply to all of you too. And I suspect it’ll work with other brands as well.

Maybe this is common knowledge...

not sure....

but I installed my new powertrax electric tonneau cover... and I was annoyed that I didn’t have an in truck solution for a switch.

then I started thinking about how I could hack it to make it possible. To do so I knew I would need to clone the signals.

In brainstorming.... I concluded it must be an RF based system... and If it is RF, it must also be encrypted. This lead me to believe they would likely turn to garage door opener technology.

I was right. I was able to EASILY program the 3 home link buttons inside the truck to key on the tonneau cover. Open, close, and bed light. So now, right on my visor, is my tonneau control! It’s beautiful.

of note... my garage doors are “smart” and so I can open and close them via my phone by an app or via my Phoenix tablet by an app so I don’t need the home link to open my doors.

For anyone looking for a quick and easy solution to having your retrax easily controlled from your cab, this is it.

I would imagine it would work for other electric tonneau as well, but you’d have to try it to see