Powerstop Z36 brake kit and Crown Performance 6 piece line install!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to get this done over the weekend. I've had a lot of experience with the Powerstop kits and had great results from them, especially for the cost. For the Raptor I wanted to go with the Z36 heavy duty truck kit, and I figured why not just get the powdercoated red calipers and brackets as well. The truck has about 110k on it, and the back brakes only had about 2mm left, so I figured it was time to just do an overhaul all the way around. I also wanted to replace the brake hoses with some nice stainless ones, so I decided to go with the Crown Performance 6 piece kit with red sheathing and in a 3" lift length. During the process I also cleaned and adjusted the parking brake assemblies and repainted the backing plates with a coat of satin black to freshen it up a bit. After getting her all together and bled with some Prestone DOT 4 synthetic fluid I went out and burned the brakes in. Feels so much better! Enjoy the pics!

PXL_20201212_022021956.jpg

PXL_20201212_030205046.jpg

PXL_20201212_214733337.jpg

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, looks good.
But those stock rear springs are shot!!!!
Time for real progressive rear springs! And lose that helper!

Not sure how they're shot, and also that helper is a Road Master Active Suspension kit. Made the on road manners much better with the 37's.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure how they're shot, and also that helper is a Road Master Active Suspension kit. Made the on road manners much better with the 37's.
They shouldn't be flat even under regular load, but yours looks arched in the opposite direction.
I know it could be the picture that make them look bent downwards but still they shouldn't be flat.

D

Deleted member 12951

How long has it been on top perch? CV issues yet?

What’s with the helper spring, just get ICONs or Deavers if off-roading is in your future.

Brake lines are +3” over stock? Looks too tight on the front. I would have concerns with it like that. If its tight now, imagine what might happen when off-roading.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How long has it been on top perch? CV issues yet?

What’s with the helper spring, just get ICONs or Deavers if off-roading is in your future.

Brake lines are +3” over stock? Looks too tight on the front. I would have concerns with it like that. If its tight now, imagine what might happen when off-roading.

Been there for a long time, no CV issues. The "helper spring" is a Roadmaster Active Suspension setup. It's not an "add-a-leaf." I'm not looking for purely off road performance, but want better on-road performance as well. As far as the lines being "too tight" in the front - it's the angle of the picture. The picture was taken in line with the bend in the line, so you can't see how much loose-ness is there.