PowerPro Air Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know the discussion is the same, but the setup now this year is different. Has anyone yet looked into a new air compressor for the tires using ONLY the 2.0 KW PowerPro? The Viair 400/450P seems to reign king on here aside from the Powertank or CO2.. but strictly speaking 120V setups < 2000KW for added functionality around the truck/home

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the discussion is the same, but the setup now this year is different. Has anyone yet looked into a new air compressor for the tires using ONLY the 2.0 KW PowerPro? The Viair 400/450P seems to reign king on here aside from the Powertank or CO2.. but strictly speaking 120V setups < 2000KW for added functionality around the truck/home
Would love to get some ideas on this as well. Would think having ProPower could be an advantage on choices that could air up the tires very quickly. Just would want something small enough to fit under the rear seats maybe?

OP
OP
KevoUsmc

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 326739California Air Tools Tankless 1.0HP mounted on a Builtright Beside Rack.
That's a really nice setup! What's the strain on the powerpro? The website says the CAT-10TL needs 2500 watts minimum to run..
* 100 PSI Maximum Pressure
* 110v / 60 hz - Generator 2500 (running) Watts Min.
* Low Amp Draw - 7.5 Amps
* Less heat which dissipates more efficiently
* Maximum continuous running 30 min (Depending PSI & CFM)
* Only 25 pounds and easy to transport.

Jaymare404

Reaction score
i have a simple harbor freight air compressor that has honestly never let me down. I am also not easy on it... I ran it til the thermal cut off cut it off once. I have been looking at the M.O.A.B air compressors from ezflate. They tout some pretty good stats for them airing up 35" tires all at the same time. I will stick with my cheap harbor freight one for now, but as soon as it kicks the bucket, I may invest in the MOAB one.

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I saw your setup in your other post and couldn't find it again. How is that setup working for you?
It’s been perfect. Way overkill, but I could run it to fill anything, up to an hour straight, and is actually really quiet for a compressor. The literature says generator with 2500 watts required, but not sure why because it pulls a steady 790 watts per the Pro Power system. I’m actually using it for anything other than air tools because it’s so much faster and quieter than a pancake compressor. If in the garage, I just run it off an extension cord.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s been perfect. Way overkill, but I could run it to fill anything, up to an hour straight, and is actually really quiet for a compressor. The literature says generator with 2500 watts required, but not sure why because it pulls a steady 790 watts per the Pro Power system. I’m actually using it for anything other than air tools because it’s so much faster and quieter than a pancake compressor. If in the garage, I just run it off an extension cord.
That is awesome. First time I saw your post I thought, that is the way I am going. I really appreciate the feedback!