Powered Tailgate Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zev

Reaction score
NO 5hit, Sherlock. Thanks for clearing that up. My comments still stand. Actually, there is less than zero excuse for needing it to power close. I can maybe see a tiny justification for power opening. But not really. Prats that want a power tailgate are the reason Raptors cost $75,000. Idiots
NO 5hit, Sherlock. Thanks for clearing that up. My comments still stand. Actually, there is less than zero excuse for needing it to power close. I can maybe see a tiny justification for power opening. But not really. Prats that want a power tailgate are the reason Raptors cost $75,000. Idiots.
Look up info on an autoimmune disease named RA and then tell me there’s zero excuse for needing it to power close. And that’s just one medical condition, I could give you a laundry list.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds as if the locking mechanism is disengaging to open & re-engaging to close. Should it do something different?

It’s a lot louder in person, the first snap that is. The second is the locking mechanism engaging. Doesn’t really bother me, since it’s only when I open and close the tailgate. If it was everytime i opened the driver door that might annoy me.

ttcomerford

Reaction score
It’s a lot louder in person, the first snap that is. The second is the locking mechanism engaging. Doesn’t really bother me, since it’s only when I open and close the tailgate. If it was everytime i opened the driver door that might annoy me.

Mine is similar and louder in person, it sounds like hard plastic snapping every time the lock engages. I did some research and could be something around the torsion bar in the tailgate (?). I am having it looked at next week in addition to other issues and will advise back.