Powered Tailgate Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only had the truck for a week and a half... never used the button to close the tailgate but figured I'd see how it worked and if there was any noise. Worked great, no noise, but I'll just close the damn thing by hand. lol

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ooh... Ducati? What model and year?
I have a 16 XDiavel...

Used to ride every weekend when i lived in WA State until I moved to FL.... have barely ridden it. Straight roads south no scenery doesn't really motivate me to ride. Sigh
Don't sell it. You'll regret it. I had 2 (all non street legal race bikes) that I sold. Wish I had them just to look at lol

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooh... Ducati? What model and year?
I have a 16 XDiavel...

Used to ride every weekend when i lived in WA State until I moved to FL.... have barely ridden it. Straight roads south no scenery doesn't really motivate me to ride. Sigh
I have a limited edition Ducati Italia, #422/1077, love it, plenty of fun, faster than I need it to be, and a joy to own at age 70. Santa Barbara County is some of the prettiest land in Calif.

ttcomerford

Reaction score
Is anyone's powered tailgate making noises...?

Mine recently developed a LOUD plastic snapping sound...like a rigid plastic panel is being flicked creating a snapping sound right before the tailgate closes.
Concerning is that I saw broken orange plastic bits inside the tailgate slots (thinking they are drain slots)...which I can't access.
Dealer told me to bring it in...wondering if anyone else experienced this.

I haven't really used the tailgate all that much other than when I installed my bed cover.

Any resolution or fix for this issue? I have a new Gen 3 and mine just developed this after a few days as well.

dannerboots

Reaction score
Any resolution or fix for this issue? I have a new Gen 3 and mine just developed this after a few days as well.
Mine does a LOUD clicking sound as well, seen other regular f-150 21’ videos of the tailgate closing and there is almost no comparison, soft close.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does this as well. Only happens once per attempted close and won't do it if I use manual close. But 5-8 inches from closing it makes a loud snapping noise. Mine sounds like metal on metal adjusting. I'll take a video of it later and post.