Powered Tailgate Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea if that’s the noise you’re hearing I really don’t think that’s abnormal to be honest.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btw I find it crazy that 1500 people have watched my tailgate close in less than one day. I may become a YouTuber if it’s this easy!

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw, thanks for sending me down a rabbit hole of interesting videos. Lol
My bad, Bro. I document stuff just in case I take it to the dealer and ironically it’s only really been Ford speciality vehicles that I’ve needed to do this with. ‍♂️

OP
OP
AutoXRacer

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting update...my loud snapping sound magically disappeared!!! It's back to closing normal like the first time the sales person showed me how it worked.

I did find broken orange plastic pieces coming out of the tailgate drain holes.

But I guess it worked itself out...

I'm starting to wonder if that snapping sound wasn't a production shop aid that needs to be removed once the parts are installed and releases/aligns the mechanism.

I think mine finally broke...and now its out of the way.

My tailgate is closing quietly now with just a slight audible click of the latches.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting update...my loud snapping sound magically disappeared!!! It's back to closing normal like the first time the sales person showed me how it worked.

I did find broken orange plastic pieces coming out of the tailgate drain holes.

But I guess it worked itself out...

I'm starting to wonder if that snapping sound wasn't a production shop aid that needs to be removed once the parts are installed and releases/aligns the mechanism.

I think mine finally broke...and now its out of the way.

My tailgate is closing quietly now with just a slight audible click of the latches.
Need that beautiful bean footage! Let’s hear what a “soft/normal“ closing sounds like.