Power Wagon Rival?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand why the power wagon is so underpowered. That large of a truck and you barley break over the 400hp mark

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just don't understand why the power wagon is so underpowered. That large of a truck and you barley break over the 400hp mark

Because it's an HD, the engines are tuned more for high duty cycle than peak power. It's similar to how the new 7.3 Godzilla and 6.7 Powerstroke are detuned in F-650/750 applications. As another example, the 6.2 was rated at 411HP in the F-150, but detuned to 385HP in the Super Duty.

From the early reviews I've seen the 6.4 Hemi in the HD Rams, they've underperformed given their specs. Maybe they've made calibration updates since then, I don't know.

Geoffmp

Reaction score
I've had a 600hp 2001 lighting and all that power got me was a speeding ticket with a court date a fine and a 24 hour driving class. I am more concerned with reliability at this point in life. I don't drag race from light to light anymore. I do use my truck 5 days a week for work and fun on the weekends.