Power Wagon Rival?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badjk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been contemplating trading my raptor for a 2500 series truck and this might make me do it. I was already looking at the AT4 GMC and power wagon but I prefer ford vehicles. I am not a fan of an HD truck with a gas burner so power wagon is out. This is interesting to say the least.

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
other than having a 2" inch lift, 35s and a locking rear diff it didnt address any of the major pros that the power wagon comes with. Ford made a factory lifted f250 (which is cool for warranty purposes) but it is no power wagon competitor.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Needs a winch, better shocks, upgraded axles, lower gears, and release the numbers for the new motors

2017svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Needs a winch, better shocks, upgraded axles, lower gears, and release the numbers for the new motors
Exactly
Just a typical FORD marketing gimmick . Will come out with more options or packages next year . Lol

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Needs remote reservoir shocks to be considered a legit off roader. 1.7 inches? weak sauce. Nothing wrong with lower gears which is why I said it needs them... To the tune of say, 4.56?
Special bumpers would be great too.

OP
OP
L

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Needs remote reservoir shocks to be considered a legit off roader. 1.7 inches? weak sauce. Nothing wrong with lower gears which is why I said it needs them... To the tune of say, 4.56?
Special bumpers would be great too.

Ah gotcha, makes sense. I'm not exactly sold on one of these either but I do like what Ford is doing even if they didn't hit a home run. Hopefully this Tremor package sells well so they have incentive to improve it further.

And oddly it doesn't state the gearing on either of the links posted here (unless I'm blind?) but TFL Truck is reporting that the 7.3 gets 4.30 at least.

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 2018 F250 with these mods already (well, 2” fox shocks..) and the thing is an animal. I actually bought the Raptor as I wanted something “smaller” to drive since the ‘250 won’t fit in the my parking garage at work.

I tend to agree on the Tremor - it’s interesting, and I would have bought it from the factory, but would likely still end up modding the suspension. Ford just tends to put really poor shocks on everything except the Raptor.

I looked at the Power Wagon as well - beautiful truck, but I feel like they missed the mark without it having the diesel in it.