GEN 1 Power tuners, what ones are the best & worst??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd personally go with JDM. 5 Star is another popular option but I think driveability is better with JDM. They both use SCT tuners which seem to be the best option for the GEN1.

Maybe PM @New Nick at JDM

TrailRunner

Reaction score
Very pleased with my 5-star tune that I run on my 2012 SCREW.

A couple of notes: I run the 85 octane performance tune for daily use. The fuel efficient and daily/street tunes didn’t do anything for me. What I really appreciate about the performance tune is the improved throttle response and the more aggressive shift patterns. That said, I definitely pay for it at the pump. Average MPGs is only 12.7 for mixed highway and street driving.

Still worth it :smile:

OP
OP
RATRODIN

RATRODIN

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input. 12. Whatever MPG is about the only mileage I get. Freeway or city. If you have a gen 1 and get better, please share.

FishFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gotta resurrect this thread because I just bought a 2014 Raptor screw with 131k miles, bone stock and I've gotta open her up a little.

Does this seem like an awesome deal, to get the CAI, the 85 mm TB and the tuner for like $1,350?? You get the 5-star tunes with supposedly 'lifetime tuning'? 5-star seems to do incredible things from their marketing?

Anyone have similar setup with these mods, please describe your experience, k? Thnks....