GEN 1 Power tuners, what ones are the best & worst??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FishFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TB is useless and will yield no gains to my understanding. I have a CAI and livernoise tune and definitely noticed a different in the but dyno
G1 did you do any exhaust mod? Stage 3's actual dyno shows nice gains with the 85mm BBK TB. I was planning on doing the CAI, finding a quieter not loud cat back, but at this price it's like the TB is a throw in right?

FishFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TB is useless and will yield no gains to my understanding. I have a CAI and livernoise tune and definitely noticed a different in the but dyno
Hey G1TD, my 6.2 is totally stock and I can feel that throttle lag and downshifting hesitation when passing. Did your tune help that too?

On the 85mm Tb, I don't have much to go on but reviews and marketing graphs, however on one site, American Trucks, the reviews are almost all very positive. In my book, butt dynos count, cuz my other truck, 6.6 L Duramax diesel, REALLY woke up with just a banks CAI and cat back exhaust, in spite of small HP claims from Banks. Very noticeable improvement in passing with a trailer. So how could the bigger TB hurt our 6.2?

Mods I've got no affiliation with this site and I am not suggesting people buy from here, just showing F150 6.2 reviews: https://www.americantrucks.com/bbk-85mm-throttlebody-1014.html?T5_Var3=orange#customer_reviews

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, the Livernois guys just quit doing the gen 1 6.2 tune? WTH...?
This is news to me, and unfortunate if that’s the case. But a tune will definitely get you noticeable improvements.
Reguarding the TB, I have no experience with One, just what I’ve read.
I do have a JBA side exit exhaust

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I went with JDM a few months ago and it's perfect IMO. Good drivability, good power gains, good shift points and good throttle response. And it uses the SCT tuner so logs are easy. @Big Blue has this tune as well if I remember right. Maybe he can chime in with his thoughts on it.

Comparatively I've ridden in 5 star trucks that didn't drive well IMO. Either too aggressive or too mild. I had the SVC tune many moons ago which was pretty good but I didn't like the shift points.

FishFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with JDM a few months ago and it's perfect IMO. Good drivability, good power gains, good shift points and good throttle response. And it uses the SCT tuner so logs are easy. @Big Blue has this tune as well if I remember right. Maybe he can chime in with his thoughts on it.
There's no question the JDM is a strong contender in my research, mostly what folks here have said. But does it really only have one do-it-all tune? Also, can I ask how your JDM tune works with your tow/haul mode or off-road mode?

Right now my stock truck upshifts too quickly on light throttle loads. The tow/haul mode holds gears a little longer, but maybe a little too long for unloaded daily driving.