Power Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at this mod, but I kind of like the factory ones because they serve very nicely as door bouncers for sedan and sport car drivers who park next to me. I love their 2nd looks.

First it’s “oh, my bad”, the dismissive ‘ I did it, but hey man, it’s just your door paint’ excuse, then it’s

“Dude, WTF did your truck do to my door”?

Yes, that was a real, live question I got asked, after some numbskull threw their door into Lucille’s running boards.

“A lot less than my big àss 45 will”

I was sitting right in the truck. Dude saw me sitting right in the truck as he was parking. You can probably guess what marque he was driving too.
Hint, it wasn’t American, or Asian manufacture and there’s a strong relationship to Bavaria, Germany.

We’re not all a$$holes! :Moon:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
We’re not all a$$holes! :Moon:
I’ll say that --MOST-- of the crowd of the auto-x drivers I was around were not the clueless, status symbol owning, inattentive, cell-yakking, latte sipping crowd of whom I lament.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at adding some power steps on my 2018. I know AMP makes a set, but has to be plugged into the OBDII port for it to work.

My questions are, is this really the best option? Does anyone else make a better product? Has anyone installed a set of factory steps from a standard F150?

Thanks
They are unrealiable, will break with dirt/snow etc.... why would you make your truck less reliable?

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JMO, but it's not a great idea if you ever plan on going offroad. The factory steps block a lot of rock kick ups, that would otherwise tear up and dent your doors. If you're staying on road, yeah then it makes sense, but even there, you'll get kick ups.
lol i hear rocks hitting mine all the time, if you want powersteps get a platinum F150. They will still be broken soon, i see them hanging all over by me...

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are unrealiable, will break with dirt/snow etc.... why would you make your truck less reliable?
Had them on last two F150’s for combined 9 years without even a single glitch. They come down much lower and facilitate much easier entry for my kids. I like the look much better.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have a lot of customers with AMP steps with NO issues. They are a quality product. AMP offers a splitter harness that you can add onto your OBDII. This will allow the steps to plug in and provide an open OBDII port in its OEM spot.

message me if you would like a quote on them or more info.