Power Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I read that no power kept them closed, up.
If that is correct (no power in the stowed position) it falls in line with what nosbusa said (power applied when in the deployed position).

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being plugged into the OBDII port is giving me pause. Feel like that's where the battery drain is coming from that the grumpy stereo guy was talking about.

That's why I started this thread, to see if there is something better out there. Or if someone installed some steps from a F150 platinum.
My 2014 didn't have a battery drain and the steps never got stuck down or up through 3 Maine winters. If you don't want them plugged into the OBD2 port don't get the plug and play harness.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New AMP’s installed on my AMB 23! Love this thing. I personally installed the steps and I’m extremely impressed by the OEM type quality. If I didn’t know better, I would say they make them private label for Ford as my 2017 king ranch had power runningboards and these are almost identical. Truck only has 75 miles on it and it’s by far my favorite mod as they come down lower than the factory boards which makes it much easier for my kids to get in on a sidenote I won’t be able to post my factory raptor boards for sale just yet because I don’t have the required 50 post minimum. Hint hint0A920C93-AE57-4F66-B89E-460C185A066F.jpeg

Attachments

• 370F92DA-8532-4C80-B5E6-7C088BB8D8B0.jpeg
    370F92DA-8532-4C80-B5E6-7C088BB8D8B0.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Nex

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
New AMP’s installed on my AMB 23! Love this thing. I personally installed the steps and I’m extremely impressed by the OEM type quality. If I didn’t know better, I would say they make them private label for Ford as my 2017 king ranch had power runningboards and these are almost identical. Truck only has 75 miles on it and it’s by far my favorite mod as they come down lower than the factory boards which makes it much easier for my kids to get in on a sidenote I won’t be able to post my factory raptor boards for sale just yet because I don’t have the required 50 post minimum. Hint hintView attachment 386810

Looks good.

FYI: minimum post is 100 to sell on FRF.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I looked at this mod, but I kind of like the factory ones because they serve very nicely as door bouncers for sedan and sport car drivers who park next to me. I love their 2nd looks.

First it’s “oh, my bad”, the dismissive ‘ I did it, but hey man, it’s just your door paint’ excuse, then it’s

“Dude, WTF did your truck do to my door”?

Yes, that was a real, live question I got asked, after some numbskull threw their door into Lucille’s running boards.

“A lot less than my big àss 45 will”

I was sitting right in the truck. Dude saw me sitting right in the truck as he was parking. You can probably guess what marque he was driving too.
Hint, it wasn’t American, or Asian manufacture and there’s a strong relationship to Bavaria, Germany.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot, not sure where I read 50 posts. Will take me a while to get to 100 as the factory raptor boards are extremely nice and need a good home soon.