Power Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WireNutz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran Amp Steps on my last 2 trucks over the last 12 years and loved them. No issues on any of them and super easy to install. But I also live in the south west with minimal snow fall.

As much as I love the look and function of Amp Steps. On the raptor I want the factory steps to stay on for protection from rock chips and door dings at Starbucks.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
The Factory Boards are defective.
Go with the Amps so they can freeze/lock when you off-road in the snow and mud.
They worked perfectly at Bucks, protecting me from the curbs and landscaping rocks ;)
:birgits_tiredcoffee:driver::happy175::head3:

F93072BE-70A9-46AD-8F11-6FCBB5FEBE38.jpeg71C256B3-2AB9-4017-9D97-12A1D49DA59A.jpegADFDC05B-8332-4A96-962B-2902D1A90205.jpeg

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Factory Boards are defective.
Go with the Amps so they can freeze/lock when you off-road in the snow and mud.
They worked perfectly at Bucks, protecting me from the curbs and landscaping rocks ;)
:birgits_tiredcoffee:driver::happy175::head3:

View attachment 387522View attachment 387523View attachment 387524
Seen more than enough “Amp” running boards pull down PCM sensor inputs on Super Dutys. Not a fan, they’re garbage IMO. Like basically everything aftermarket.

To your point…I’m fairly certain that the G2 Raptor running boards are the epitome. Literally perfect. They tuck within the truck’s track width, they’re very light, can support “large” individuals without issue (tested!), they’re coated with extremely durable bed liner, they protect the body from debris thrown up by the tires, and best of all…when a half wit swings their Prius door open because he/she/it doesn’t respect other people’s property because they’re an entitied POS, they dent and cave in their door instead of damaging a Raptor.

And it’s good we don’t catch ‘em for our own sanity.

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Seen more than enough “Amp” running boards pull down PCM sensor inputs on Super Dutys. Not a fan, they’re garbage IMO. Like basically everything aftermarket.

To your point…I’m fairly certain that the G2 Raptor running boards are the epitome. Literally perfect. They tuck within the truck’s track width, they’re very light, can support “large” individuals without issue (tested!), they’re coated with extremely durable bed liner, they protect the body from debris thrown up by the tires, and best of all…when a half wit swings their Prius door open because he/she/it doesn’t respect other people’s property because they’re an entitied POS, they dent and cave in their door instead of damaging a Raptor.

L MA O :happy175: I luv the Factory boards.
My question is, does my ESP cover my Defective Boards that loose their line-x after rubbing them on some boulders on the Razor Trail?
:grd::happy175::happy160::head3:

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score

Oh and my Gen1 Boards were also defective:(
When I carried 70mph into a 30mph turn in the Grand Canyon, leaving the roadway, hitting some cactus. The Cheap Azzz Board on the drivers side, Snapped off, instead of damaging the frame!??
Luckily the guys at service were able to bend it back into shape enough to get it reattached! Love those guys in my service department!
They did however bully me, not for my ManBun…. But for having self-Tapping sheet metal screws in that plastic shixt steps on the rear bumper to hold it together!
I escalated that complaint to the Glass House in Detroit ;)

Last edited: