Power Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Looking at adding some power steps on my 2018. I know AMP makes a set, but has to be plugged into the OBDII port for it to work.

My questions are, is this really the best option? Does anyone else make a better product? Has anyone installed a set of factory steps from a standard F150?

Thanks

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JMO, but it's not a great idea if you ever plan on going offroad. The factory steps block a lot of rock kick ups, that would otherwise tear up and dent your doors. If you're staying on road, yeah then it makes sense, but even there, you'll get kick ups.

OP
OP
Nex

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I do venture out of the parking lot, just not as often as I would like. Maybe a 80/20 split. I do get the point of the steps aiding in protecting the body from damage. Heard more than a few rocks hit the truck last week. Will see what the damage is after I wash the truck this week.

I know power steps are one of those options people feel strongly about. And that's great. But I am asking questions on brands, not if I should get them or not.

OP
OP
Nex

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Why drain on the battery? Because they are plugged into the OBDII port and basically always on?