GEN 1 Power steering upgrades

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by Raptor1988, Jun 21, 2018.

Sponsored By: GotExhaust
  1. LAfreeride

LAfreeride Member

Please post a review of the Lee PS kit...
    I’m looking at another pump since my 2nd one went to shitsville during a quick run in Barstow last Saturday.
    Deciding between the Lee and the Howe kit which are $1295 and $1085 respectively.

2. BenBB

BenBB Full Access Member

So I have a question. At what point does one consider retrofitting an EPAS from a '17? Rockauto has Motorcraft new for $1370.79 (well core is another $400). I'm pretty sure EPAS Peformance could help, not sure what the whole enchilada would set you back though. I'm thinking it would be a viable option if my rack fails.

Also wondering if a universal GM (I know, blasphemy) pump from Turn One might be an option if the pump is the main issue. If the stock pump I replaced earlier this year starts whining again that could be worth trying, especially if I could rebuild the little fucker.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Trick_Raptor likes this.
  3. CarmanKyle

CarmanKyle Full Access Member

I"m not sure if it fits, but a ps pump from a '10 is a cast iron/steel unit and holds up to the heat better. I have beaten the shiiiit out of my '10 and haven't had pump issues. I also have a 8x11 tube/fin ps cooler.

Trick_Raptor likes this.
  4. 602Raptor

602Raptor Full Access Member

BenBB likes this.
  5. ut1jas

ut1jas Member

BenBB likes this.
  6. 602Raptor

602Raptor Full Access Member

Thanks for the info.

I ordered the two additional fittings:

1) Fragola AN -10 Black Anodized Aluminum Series 8000 Push-Lite 90 Degree Bent Tube Hose Ends
    1) Fragola AN -8 Female To -6 Push Lock Hose Black Anodized Aluminum Reducer 90 Degree Hose Ends

I’m hoping to reuse the stock hoses and use new screw type hose clamps.

BenBB likes this.