GEN 1 Power steering hose fitting leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
It's really embarrassing- definitely rigged up. It is just a giant ball of foam.
I will fix it properly soon.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the assembly is BL3Z3A719D. Anyone confirm that? Looks like a $67 part. With that said, any tips on getting the old out and the new one in? I have never done one of these and not sure how to do it.

When I look up that part and check compatibility, I get this:

This part is not compatible with 2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Crew Cab Pickup 4-Door 6.2L 6210CC 379Cu. In. V8 GAS SOHC Naturally Aspirated.

But when I try: BL3Z-3A719-B, it shows compatible. Also noticing that BL3Z-3A719-A and BL3Z-3A719-C are also listed. Not sure if there is a difference between all 4 parts though.

@Sasquatch or @RDFTS, were either of you, or anyone else, able to confirm the proper PN? I found another thread (http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/power-steering-hose-part-number-11848/) that said Hose # BL3Z-3A719-C. Searching it up on Tasca it only leads me to the -D version
http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/f-15...ump-and-hoses-scat/?part_name=press-line-assy

Did an oil change on mine last night at 42k, and saw it was leaking at the very same spot. I just did an oil change 4k miles ago at 38k and it was pristine down there. Called the dealer to see if it'd be covered under 5/60k powertrain and nope. Searching around on FRF seems it's a common thing around 40k-45k and yep, right on schedule LOL

PS res is only about 1/4" below min line, so it hasn't lost much, just enough to coat everything in the pics. Would like to fix it soon though before it makes a bigger mess or fully fails.

If anyone has confirmation of the correct PN, and if anyone has any tips on replacement, I'd appreciate it! Didn't trace the line out while doing the oil change last night (since I was hoping it'd still be warrantied lol), but any heads up if it's a royal PITA or not would be helpful.

Here's another thread on the topic for anyone else searching it up down the road
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/high-pressure-power-steering-line-leaking-already-39775/

Attachments

• PS01.jpg
    PS01.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 130
  • PS02.jpg
    PS02.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 130
  • PS03.jpg
    PS03.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 157
  • PS04.jpg
    PS04.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 103
  • PS05.jpg
    PS05.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

RaptoRyan

Reaction score
It's really embarrassing- definitely rigged up. It is just a giant ball of foam.
I will fix it properly soon.

That is embarrassing, but if it fixed the leak temporarily, then i say good job! My hose just started leaking at that same spot, and by leaking, i mean spraying everywhere when i turn the wheel... i dont think i will try the spray foam though....