GEN 1 Power steering hose fitting leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I am finding that this crimped fitting on the lower front passenger side is a common leak point. Mine is definitely blowing out fluid from the fitting / rubber hose connection. I am finding that even the replacement lines still don't fix the problem. With that said, curious about a possible fix. If I cleaned everything up, I was thinking of spraying expanding foam in the hose/crimped fitting area. That stuff seals and sticks to everything - thought it might be worth a try.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
As a temporary fix, but maybe the expanding foam fixes it for good? Just tossing ideas out there as I can't find a bulletproof fix.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a temporary fix, but maybe the expanding foam fixes it for good? Just tossing ideas out there as I can't find a bulletproof fix.

Maybe there is something causing this. I've got 76k miles + on mine and haven't had this issue. I'd make Ford keep fixing it until they get it right.

Initially, I thought maybe the best thing to do would be to go to a hydraulic shop and have them make you one.

Either way would work, I guess.....

Good luck!!!

OP
OP
S

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I think the assembly is BL3Z3A719D. Anyone confirm that? Looks like a $67 part. With that said, any tips on getting the old out and the new one in? I have never done one of these and not sure how to do it.

D

Deleted member 12951

I think the assembly is BL3Z3A719D. Anyone confirm that? Looks like a $67 part. With that said, any tips on getting the old out and the new one in? I have never done one of these and not sure how to do it.

When I look up that part and check compatibility, I get this:

This part is not compatible with 2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Crew Cab Pickup 4-Door 6.2L 6210CC 379Cu. In. V8 GAS SOHC Naturally Aspirated.

But when I try: BL3Z-3A719-B, it shows compatible. Also noticing that BL3Z-3A719-A and BL3Z-3A719-C are also listed. Not sure if there is a difference between all 4 parts though.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Both PS lines on my truck were replaced umber my 3/36 warranty for weeping at the crimp connection. Some dealers say that weeping is normal but I would not accept that. I have seen this on other cars and until you see a puddle you are ok to drive but I would replace vs repair/fix

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Huh, noticed this on my 2012 - it's on my list to have the dealer check out when I take it in for a few things soon.

OP
OP
S

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
The great stuff expanding foam seems to be working and preventing anymore leakage. This will buy time to get the right replacement and figure out how to install.