GEN 2 Power sources

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChinookDriverJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I’ve been searching the site for a while now. I’ve installed the ARB twin compressor in the bed and am working on the wiring now.

The wiring kit that comes with the Up/Down Air mounting plate is designed to have you run the main power loom and switch loom along the frame rail and into the engine bay. They have you power the signal wire (purple) from an up-fitter wire.

Problem is all my up-fitters are used up. So I brought the switch loom into the cab through a grommet in the passenger floor. I installed the switch in the center console tray. Now I’m trying to find appropriate switched 12v power in the console.

I suppose the idea is to have the compressor turn off if the engine isn’t running but accessory power would probably be fine.

Can I tap the 12v power port (cig) or USB ports for this signal power? Do they turn off via timer or when the door is opened and key off? Any ideas?

5f43ca716043b0f47510fa4afe84c3b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same question. I ended up using an upfitter to trigger parking mode on my dash cam and to trigger my AUX battery DCDC charger to switch from isolation (when engine off) to charging when engine on. The upfitter gave me a clean ON/OFF with no timer.

On the rear dashcam power source thread.. the same question came up. You might look at fuse 36, but would want to confirm it isn't a ACC timer circuit.

Otherwise maybe the inverter circuit since I think the truck needs to be in ON for it to power the inverter. The amp wouldn't work bcs it gets powered in ACC if the radio is on.

The rear seat 12v outlet is easy to get to under the cup holders, but it's on the timer.