Power breaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IKillDeer

Reaction score
I've turned off my TC, put it in off road mode, tried everything and still it will not power break. The computer will not let the RPM's go past 2500. I just ordered the tuner and cai from 5 star. I hope that works.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well with the custom tunes even it won't fix that problem the only way to turn on TC completely and I only recommend you do this if you're an experienced off road guy is to pull the fuse out that's the only way to turn off TC. Cause even in off road mode one and holding down the TC button for 5+ seconds till it flashes doesn't completely turn it off but it does make a big difference.

Now when you turned the TC off did you just push it or did you hold it down till it flashed like 5 times I think it is??

Another thing is did you turn off road mode on before turning traction control off?

OP
OP
I

IKillDeer

Reaction score
I held the TC button down until it flashed. I've put it in off-road mode before and after turning off the TC. I had a 2006 diesel and that thing would roast the tires.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, any of the '11 and new trucks cannot power brake. You can thank the whole "Toyota unintended acceleration" fiasco for that. I do not think that turning traction control off or pulling fuses will change that.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Turn off ORM. Push and hold TC to Disable it like Wilson showed. With ORM on it launches like crap. Hopefully you've got some money ready to buy a driveshaft. Be prepared.