Powder coating beauty rings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

austinsiegel

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, has anyone here powder coated or spray painted the beauty rings on the forged 35 package rims black to match the rim color? If so, post pictures up!

Also, to my understanding the beauty rings don’t actually serve any purpose on the rim so removing them to powder coat/spray paint with the tire still on wouldn’t cause an issue other than looking ugly. Can anyone confirm this?

mattio

Reaction score
correct, you can pull off the beauty ring without any issue. in fact if you ever need new tires, a lot of tire shops will require you to take off the rings before they touch them.

Reaction score
FWIW.... I looked at aftermarket wheels but forged ones are pretty expensive. Rather than get new wheels I removed the 5 trim rings and had them powder coated in body color (Terrain). While the rings were at the powder coat shop I ran the truck with the ring bolts run down into the threaded holes to keep them clean. Also swabbed out each threaded bolt hole with WD-40 and Q-Tip to make sure clean before re-mounting the rings. Overall it went well. Sort of time consuming with all the bolts and star pattern tightening but pretty good results for $150.

Attachments

• IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 24