Powder coated Stock Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sletcher

Sletcher

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like how mine turned out, but I ran into something interesting. I was at Little Sahara playing in the sand dunes with the truck and managed to basically “sand blast” the rear wheels. The finish on the rear has started to fade. To be honest I don’t mind it, but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

two0seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like how mine turned out, but I ran into something interesting. I was at Little Sahara playing in the sand dunes with the truck and managed to basically “sand blast” the rear wheels. The finish on the rear has started to fade. To be honest I don’t mind it, but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thanks for the info, I will check to see if the shop has any type of warranty.

Darkalley

Reaction score
Looks great! I might give this a try. I don't off road so not worried about the dirt taking i off!

tacomoth

Reaction score
I ended up doing a plastidip version of this. Bronze Gold with a few light coats of graphite metalizer on top.

UuTdEuD.jpg

2ZdwHnW.jpg
How have these held up? Any off-road? I have plastidipped before and loved it, but not sure how well would hold up in Wyoming

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the dealership powder coat from new for 400. I’m really happy with the results. I found a set of 2018 beadlocks but don’t know if I’ll put them on because these have grown on me.8E8A9843-1708-455A-9BCE-F4101D8A6394.jpeg

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How have these held up? Any off-road? I have plastidipped before and loved it, but not sure how well would hold up in Wyoming

So far so good. Ive only been off road with them once in the sand dunes...and I got stuck so they had lots of wear against them. I have used plastidip a lot in the past and find its only an issue if you curb the wheel. Then it starts peeling. On the truck the sidewalls are too tall to curb.