Powder Coat Color To Match Fox Live Valve Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered 4 swatched from prismatic powders and none of them were close enough for me to be happy, so I ordered 10 more last night. I hope one of them is. Prismatic powders recommended to me all gloss finishes and the finish of the Fox Shocks is pretty flat as it is anodized. Hopefully I can find a match, or I will be doing black as well, or just leaving them the ugly silver which I really didnt want to do.

If you find one let me know as I would consider redoing them. I also thought about that dark gray that's on the shock as well, but I was lacking time so went with black.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you find one let me know as I would consider redoing them. I also thought about that dark gray that's on the shock as well, but I was lacking time so went with black.

Well I received all 10 color swatches today and NONE of them matched close enough to for me to be happy.

I know that I under the truck in the shade, it will be hard to tell a few shades off, but not of them seemed to be even close. I may just powder them black

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I received all 10 color swatches today and NONE of them matched close enough to for me to be happy.

I know that I under the truck in the shade, it will be hard to tell a few shades off, but not of them seemed to be even close. I may just powder them black

Yea that's the same boat I was in.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that's the same boat I was in.

I have a message into Eibach for them to call me back as they did a set during R&D and they may possibly have a color code, if they decide to call me back. Ill be up their ass to get the answer for us and many more on this forum however, lol.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a message into Eibach for them to call me back as they did a set during R&D and they may possibly have a color code, if they decide to call me back. Ill be up their ass to get the answer for us and many more on this forum however, lol.

well 2 calls and 2 messages, Eibach has yet to get back to me from their engineering department. Hopefullly they call me tomorrow or I am just going to go with black. Not at all what I want, but the silver is terrible. Eibach did know the color code of the silver however, lol.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the reason it's been difficult to find the proper paint code in prismatic is because you're searching through the oranges. I found this one which looks pretty close just based off the actual powdercoated car parts.

look at their gallery to find closer matches of actual parts that were painted in real life pictures. I know different pictures and shades can affect matching but looking at real life pictures can give a better idea of various lighting conditions and contrasting with other parts.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but curious if anyone ever found a close match?
i posted the pic of what i matched to my fox 3.0 above, is that not close enough? I have about half a pound left of the powder coat if you're interested I can ship it to you for free if you cover shipping.