Potential New Raptor Owner - Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tw450

Reaction score
I just bought a 37” in central coast CA for 5k over on lot. Check Sonora Ford - they have an AMB 35” with recardos hit the ground maybe 2 weeks ago. I’m sure it can be had for 5-10k over. I looked out of state but found no better deals - in fact most were worse.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was true for 22MY trucks. Ford has yet to put anything out regarding price protection for 23MY trucks. If you’re in possession of such a memo from Ford, do you mind posting it here? -Cheers
According to my brother in law...his brothers 22 rolled to a 23 and the manager said they are obligated to price match in order since Dec 2021. Don't know the details that well.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
According to my brother in law...his brothers 22 rolled to a 23 and the manager said they are obligated to price match in order since Dec 2021. Don't know the details that well.
Needles to say he’s prolly getting it without any markups. To honor price protection for his rolled 23, that’s one fine dealer he’s dealing with. Let’s see how this plays out.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Needles to say he’s prolly getting it without any markups. To honor price protection for his rolled 23, that’s one fine dealer he’s dealing with. Let’s see how this plays out.
It's Autonation Ford Katy. I said don't believe them until you look at the paper work. They were charging him 5k but let's see.

562gen3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my priority code was 19 and it took 5 months total, all luck of the draw at this point some people have trucks built before mine and it’s still waiting chip hold

quadmaster922

Reaction score
Hey Raptorians,

I've been interested in Raptor's since they first came out but purchasing one was not in the cards until recently. I'm in California and have been calling around to multiple dealers and the ADM on these trucks is pretty significant. I originally was looking at the Raptor R but the markup is just silly, 40k-60k depending on the dealer, so that ain't gonna happen. The cheapest I could find is 15k ADM for the 3.5L, which I can justify. So I put money down on one with that dealer for Avalanche, 37s and moonroof. This is using the dealer inventory and I was told around 6 months before I get my hands on it, which seems like that is wishful thinking based off the forums I've been reading where folks have been waiting over a year. I had a few questions that I was hoping y'all can weigh in on.

1. I originally put money down on a black Raptor and the Priority Code was "01", I called in like 3 days later to change it to Avalanche and the priority code changed to "20". I'm not sure what the priority code is but it seems like it might be how long it would take to start building?

2. Is Avalanche a tougher color to get or does the color not matter much?

3. For folks in California, is 15k ADM a semi good deal or should I shop out of state? I'm in the Sacramento area.

4. I see some folks eventually can look their order up on Ford and get a VIN, would I get the same thing going through the dealer using their inventory, not like a special order specifically for me?

Thanks for your help in advance!
15k is a lot better than I pd in April for a code Orange 37 loaded,the only one in southern Oregon so I waited 2 months for it to reach the dealership, lucky my Salesman called me first as they were lined up to buy it if I did’nt, 25k or go home empt, extremely happy with my Raptor, no regrets

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in the central valley and called all over and nothing under $20k. I even went in to buy at a few different dealerships and they let me walk out. Bakersfield was getting a Black 35 with carbon fiber package and said they would do $10 over. So will Hanford if they have the stock. Im not sure what is in stock though.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told no PP for rolled over orders. Mine is almost 7k more

OP
OP
J

JoshyP

Reaction score
I just called 6 dealers in various states. This is crazy, for the 37 package, some of them want 30k over if it is on the lot. However, if we did an order, most dealers would mark it up 15k. So I think I'm gonna stick with the dealer I put my order in with originally since they "said" they have allocation. The 6 month wait begins, I just hope interest rates don't keep climbing, ha.