Potential New Buyer ?s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All, just signed up here. I'm looking to trade my Tundra in on a new 2018 Raptor. I love the Tundra but am disappointed it has not kept up with the other trucks, and the Raptor is in a league of it's own. There are some discounts on 2018s so seems like a good time to move on a deal.

I know forums tend to highlight the problems. This is a big purchase and reading about blown motors and cam phasers is a little disconcerting but I do know forums can be like that.

I just wanted to check in with owners and see if this Truck can do 10 years/ 100 k miles with minimal problems? Any high mileage trucks out there?

My Tundra has been rock solid for 100,000 miles. My biggest fear is having the truck stuck in the shop for any extended period of time.

Thanks in advance, the insight is greatly appreciated

Cuzin Eddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just left the Tundra world myself. I am the exact same way...never had a problem with my Supercharged Tundra but was disappointed in Toyota for not keeping up with all the cool innovative things that the other manufacturers were doing, especially Ford with the Raptor.

I have had my 2018 Raptor for about 3 weeks now and I have to admit, I absolutely love this truck! I really thought I wouldn’t like the V6 but I was wrong. I love the 10 speed transmission and the technology and comfort of this truck is unbelievable.

I honestly don’t think you can go wrong! I don’t regret my move yet but then it’s only been 3 weeks. I am happy I jumped ship for the time being.

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't regret it. I love toyotas too, but **** their reliability crap.
Tech up your damn car, and change those ancient 2007 body frame and interior already.
I won't keep any car forever. 5 yrs max, then trade it in.
Also raptors maintain similar low depreciation like tundra trucks too.

If I purchase raptor, I am not purchasing it for off-road or bcos it's the baddest truck. I am doing it bcos I like the look. Simple and short!

Jlreb

Reaction score
Hi All, just signed up here. I'm looking to trade my Tundra in on a new 2018 Raptor. I love the Tundra but am disappointed it has not kept up with the other trucks, and the Raptor is in a league of it's own. There are some discounts on 2018s so seems like a good time to move on a deal.

I know forums tend to highlight the problems. This is a big purchase and reading about blown motors and cam phasers is a little disconcerting but I do know forums can be like that.

I just wanted to check in with owners and see if this Truck can do 10 years/ 100 k miles with minimal problems? Any high mileage trucks out there?

My Tundra has been rock solid for 100,000 miles. My biggest fear is having the truck stuck in the shop for any extended period of time.

Like you I have jumped ship from Toyota and orderied a 2019 Raptor. I too have concerns of reliability and have read the entire internet ( feels like it) and come to the conclusion sh** happens to every truck. Ford no different than any other manufacturer and has some reoccurring problems that are concerning. With that said I think it will be a good solid truck and will have a few issues along the way. I also see very very few people post saying how good there truck is. Literally most everyone post when they have an issue, need help or have modded. And looking at how that post would read of how great our trucks are running would be pretty boring.

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've had my Raptor for a Week and this thing is bad ass! Buy one of these now and you'll so happy. Everyone I know wants to see my truck, I am never getting rid of mine, ever!