Potential Issue: After Market Spray In Bedliner - Reverse Break Assist Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdieman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, I had this same issue with my truck after a trip to Line-X. I posted a TSB earlier in this thread pertaining to this issue. I drove my truck for a few days and the warnings went away. It may take a few days for the system to "fix" itself.

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, I had this same issue with my truck after a trip to Line-X. I posted a TSB earlier in this thread pertaining to this issue. I drove my truck for a few days and the warnings went away. It may take a few days for the system to "fix" itself.
Appreciate you posting the tsb on this.
Fingers crossed mine “fixes itself” after driving for a few days as well.

I need to schedule an appointment with my dealer regardless for the pro power fan noise tsb, and I’m assuming they are gonna tell me it’s a few weeks for an appointment.

OP
OP
J

JCO

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mind definitely hasn't fixed itself. Been several days. Taking it into the dealer in a couple weeks...

Edit: I called my local Line X and told them so they don't do it to anyone else. Hopefully they take it seriously. Pretty annoying to have to go to the dealer after paying them hundreds of dollars.

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mind definitely hasn't fixed itself. Been several days. Taking it into the dealer in a couple weeks...

Edit: I called my local Line X and told them so they don't do it to anyone else. Hopefully they take it seriously. Pretty annoying to have to go to the dealer after paying them hundreds of dollars.
Drove my truck about 30 miles this afternoon and still getting the same error.

Called my Linex dealer this afternoon and he said that he would look into it and call back.
An hour later he called me back with a bunch of info. He called a Ford dealership right up the road from his shop who he does a lot of work for. They told him that it’s a “new issue” that they just recently started seeing on 21 f150’s, and that Ford is aware (obviously from previous post showing a fix).

My truck is scheduled to go in Friday for them to reflash the computer or whatever it is they need to do. Said it takes about two hours to do the process, most of which is the truck sitting there downloading stuff.

going to create a separate thread for what he was told also causes the issue for others to use caution on.

leadfoot37

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish I would have found this thread a day sooner…

Just got my Gen 3 Linex bed liner today.
Got home and when backing into garage I got the “reverse break assist unavailable” error message.

Seems to be a known reoccurring issue from this thread and others.

Tried a few suggestions found on other boards to wipe sensors, drive in a straight line as manual suggested and toggled park assist and cross lane settings on/off with no luck.

Guess a trip to the dealer is inevitable…pretty big bummer

View attachment 325350
I notice "in the end" playin as you snapped this.... sort of fits I guess

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I notice "in the end" playin as you snapped this.... sort of fits I guess
Good catch, and yeah it does sorta fit.

Wish getting a bed liner didn't turn out to be such a fiasco...
Trip to the dealer and a few module refreshes later I guess im finally sorted.

asteele711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m getting the same error but mine had a spray in from the factory, tailgate hasn’t been removed. Not sure what caused the error for me

Mark Dickerson

Reaction score
I had mine done on Friday at Line-x and they were aware of the issue and didn’t take off the tailgate. He said the word has been spread from corporate and all offices should be aware not to take off the tailgate.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Line-x shops are now aware of this issue, but would disconnecting the negative battery terminal before removing the tailgate prevent this issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts