Potential Issue: After Market Spray In Bedliner - Reverse Break Assist Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCO

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that's going to do an aftermarket spray in. I went to Line X yesterday and had the bedliner done. Truck is now giving an error: Reverse Break Assist Not Available See Manual. This seems to be a common issue with people that get Line X installed because they remove the tailgate during install, and the theory is that if they start the truck without the tailgate on, it will cause this error. People have gone to the dealer to have it fixed.

Thought I'd give a heads up to people so they can tell the installer not to start the truck with the tailgate removed and hopefully avoid an unnecessary trip to the dealer.

If anyone has a fix that doesn't involve a trip to the dealer, please let me know...haven't seen much in other forums.

stoppard stop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha this makes sense, i started getting this error and i just turned the feature off. But i too had a aftermarket spray in liner installed. Thanks for the information!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wondering if disconnecting the battery for some seconds would cause a reboot and clear the error.

Regardless, I would ask a liner installer to not only not start the truck during the install, but disconnect the battery entirely just to be sure.

OP
OP
J

JCO

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a new one. Gen 2 doesn't do that. F***ing computers. F***ing software. F***ing software designers. F***ing new features that only exist because they're possible. Glad I had a chance to get that off my chest. :)
Yep. More tech more probs.

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info, will have to remember that when I bring the truck in for Line-X

OP
OP
J

JCO

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let us know the fix.
Talked to my dealer who asked a tech about it yesterday. He said "just drive the truck" and it will reconfigure. Doesn't seem to have done anything.

Sounds like the service guys need to reconfigure it or something judging by comments on the Gen14 board. Gonna take it in Monday.

Edit: still need to try the battery thing. I’ll try that tomorrow.

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I would have found this thread a day sooner…

Just got my Gen 3 Linex bed liner today.
Got home and when backing into garage I got the “reverse break assist unavailable” error message.

Seems to be a known reoccurring issue from this thread and others.

Tried a few suggestions found on other boards to wipe sensors, drive in a straight line as manual suggested and toggled park assist and cross lane settings on/off with no luck.

Guess a trip to the dealer is inevitable…pretty big bummer

C1963EA4-839E-43C8-9008-DEA239E2A27E.jpeg