Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by sniperm, Mar 4, 2017.

1. raisins

raisins Member

We have a 2005, the new one would sure be nice lol. I hope there's nothing catastrophic for current owners

2. WhatExit?

WhatExit? FRF Addict

Have periodic screaming sounds from passenger seat area. Found it was related to her inexperience with high speed offroading.

Booth9999, Edbert and smurfslayer like this.
  3. 1roadking

1roadking Full Access Member

What where your symptoms? I have a vibration that drives me nuts and think it’s something like a u joint or pinion gear.

4. b0yd07

b0yd07 Member

Really need some help with this one. Video of the problem below:

Cold starts are perfect. Fully warmed up re-starts are perfect. I get this behavior after driving somewhere, parking for an hour and coming back... Engine is not fully cold... somewhere in between cold and hot as it's cooling off.

Anyone have ANY idea where to start in diagnosing this? You can see from the fourth clip in that video that it is affecting the electronics to some extent, too.

5. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

I’ve not see that one. does it happen if you send the start from FordPass or using the button?

6. b0yd07

b0yd07 Member

Either the key fob remotely or the push start button. Haven’t tried the Ford app but I can’t imagine it being any different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

ok, I was wondering if it was relating to electronic starting but if it’s happening with the button start too, you’ve already troubleshot this. I’d be making the dealer appt. now before you end up stranded.