Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@raisins you're probably not going to like the latest GT recall (given you have the current model). At least it's not an engine issue though. Something about the hydraulic fluid from the wing leaking onto the exhaust.

We have a 2005, the new one would sure be nice lol. I hope there's nothing catastrophic for current owners

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18k miles worn out ring and pinion along with pinion bearing. warranty and fixed 11 days at shop

What where your symptoms? I have a vibration that drives me nuts and think it’s something like a u joint or pinion gear.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really need some help with this one. Video of the problem below:

Cold starts are perfect. Fully warmed up re-starts are perfect. I get this behavior after driving somewhere, parking for an hour and coming back... Engine is not fully cold... somewhere in between cold and hot as it's cooling off.

Anyone have ANY idea where to start in diagnosing this? You can see from the fourth clip in that video that it is affecting the electronics to some extent, too.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve not see that one. does it happen if you send the start from FordPass or using the button?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve not see that one. does it happen if you send the start from FordPass or using the button?
Either the key fob remotely or the push start button. Haven’t tried the Ford app but I can’t imagine it being any different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Either the key fob remotely or the push start button. Haven’t tried the Ford app but I can’t imagine it being any different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ok, I was wondering if it was relating to electronic starting but if it’s happening with the button start too, you’ve already troubleshot this. I’d be making the dealer appt. now before you end up stranded.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my instrument panel go dark along with no speedometer. In addition power mirrors didn't work. This was all after a bunch of warning flashes on dash. (Traction Control..etc) Dealer said water had gotten into one of the modules. They fixed 'leak' and replaces module. Now it's good.

But I have an issue with remote start not working. Took it in to dealership and they replaced BCM to get it working. But a few days later, remote start is not working again. Any one have pointers for dealership? I have a Ford OEM shock module installed also.

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15K miles and the tranny went. Busted the Sprag and the dealership has the tranny pulled apart now looking further into it. Always had a funky shift to it since new, especially 3-4 and 4-5. It started shifting hard from 7-8, 9-10 then had two very hard shifts with loud clunks from 1-2. The second time I was in 4A and it shifted 1-2 hard, ****** the truck around, the engine revved up, shifted into 4th with a loud bang. I slightly applied gas and it revved up hard, slammed into a higher gear and slammed back out of it going into a lower gear that made the engine rev up again. Pulled to the side of the highway and the ass end locked up. It went on the wrecker dragging its ass like a dog with worms. Service got it to drive in 4 low, but I have a feeling it will be in the shop for a while.