Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score

16,734 miles

Mysterious rattling coming from front end. Can only be heard with windows down unless going over washboard roads then it can be heard inside the cabin with windows up. Front left shock/strut replaced, no change. Sway bar end links replaced, no change. Day 27 in the shop. Dealership has contacted Ford for additional help on the problem.

Vibration/grinding coming from truck which can be felt in the steering wheel, floor, and pedal. 4wd vacuum valve changed (twice), no change. Tires rotated 5 times with no signs of excessive or abnormal wear (no cupping or unever wear) all run at 38psi cold so the chances this much vibration coming from the tires is slim if you ask me, Ive driven on worn out mud terrains with less drama and noise.

Truck still in shop.

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have developed 4X4 issues over the past two months, just as my truck turned a year old,,

I do a lot of road trips with my truck and about 2 months ago I noticed a grinding sound or rattle from the front driver wheel, it is an intermediate problem, as you are driving along above 70mph the front will make the grinding/rattle sound getting louder and louder until a few bang are heard and felt threw the steering wheel. the noise will stop until it builds up again, it would repeat this over and over at high way speeds.

the first time this happened I took it to the dealership where I purchased the Raptor and they were unable to repeat the sound and asked me to bring it back when it was acting up. I ended up needed to take the truck on a road trip about 700mile, the entire time the truck was acting up, I ignored the problem hoping it would break something for the shop to fix, at the end of the trip I noticed when my 4X4 was engaged the steering to have a mind of its own pulling me in random directions. So I took it back to ford, I let them know it was pulling in weird ways in 4x4 and that the grinding was still happening above 70mph.

Ford kept my truck for a month this time, in that time they replaced the front wheel locks and one tire, they said they fixed the grindin it was caused by bad wheel locks. The pulling in 4x4 caused them to open a ticket directly with ford, I gave them 2 weeks to hopefully fix the issue while I was away for business when I get back they just blame ford for slow responses and that they just replaced the tire to try and fix the 4x4 pull, they let me take the truck home telling me the grinding should be fixed but the 4x4 is still broken and they will give me a call once ford gives them tests to run.

2 days later, last night, I'm driving home and the grinding starts acting up as if nothing was done to the truck. I confront the dealership this morning and they are doubling down saying its fords fault for not telling them how to fix this issue.

My mom owns an almost identical truck to mine there is a noticeable issue with the 4x4, I even let the dealership know I would make time for them to repeat the issue, I feel like they think Im crazy and that they cant repeat this issue

Very Frustrated!

Good news I got my truck back so far so good they ended up replacing both turbos, I guess the steering pull in 4x4h is normal but the grinding was from the turbos

all under warranty they just charged me for a new air filter an 5 gallons of fuel so less then $35 on my end but the truck was down for 2 months that was the biggest bummer..

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well at 23K it appears my BCM TCU is **** up. Got BLS, TPS and cross traffic alert failure messages.

The windows and climate control weren’t working either. Pretty good timing as I dropped it off yesterday and will be in London for the next 9 days.

Asked them to flash the tranny with the latest software while they have it in the shop.

Barrel

Reaction score
Hmm I might contact them if I cant get this shop to fix the issue,

here is a bad video of the issue, sound needs to be on, IDK how to embed

" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Had this exact problem last week. Took it to the dealer, they were backed up until late this week and I have a road trip starting Wed. So I decided to tackle this myself. Was the IWE vacuum system. Replaced the solenoid and check valve. Problem is gone. Best way to check if it's the IWE is to put the truck into 4A. If the sound goes away, it's the IWE.

From the actuator assembly:

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/powertrain-engine-parts/actuator-assy-7832257-1

I replaced both 9H465 and 7A788. Total of $33.51 from my local Ford dealer. It's maybe a 5 minute job to replace both.

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passenger door speaker rattling/buzzing I think lose something in there hope it’s not the speaker. 18’. Going to take it in this week.

Steering wheel airbag has signs of cracking or showing through the thin plastic or vinyl. Might be defective hope it’s safe.

Not enough dirt in the Bay Area number one problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does upshifting into fifth gear in Sport Mode buck extremely hard for everyone’s trucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobie18

Reaction score
Does upshifting into fifth gear in Sport Mode buck extremely hard for everyone’s trucks?

on my 2018 with 4200 miles, shifting is rougher in sport mode in any gear for me. I thought it may be the characteristics of the sport mode. I do notice is bucks hard in reverse when the truck is cold.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Traded in my 2013 Gen 1 due to rear differential whine, rear slider window not working at 52,*** miles - 2 weeks out of warranty (Ford didn't help on the rear diff) to purchase a CPO 2017 Gen 2 with 7,193 miles on it. Couple days later, truck was rattling in the front end on every start up, then would go away after a several seconds. Didn't sound normal. Made an appointment to drop it off on Sunday, September 16th and truck is still there as of October 9th with no scheduled return date. Service manager had told me that there was another Gen 2 in for similar issues and they couldn't figure out what was going on, so they are replacing engines on both trucks. I put about 800-900 miles on the truck, had it for 3 weeks and now it needs a new motor :emotions122:

I'm a pretty patient guy, but after not being able to get a loaner and no real answers, I'm starting to get frustrated. My father and I own many Fords, including the GT (not the Mustang), F-250's, 350's and they ALL have more problems than expected despite being meticulously maintained. I don't know what's going on with Ford, but my level of confidence is deteriorating as the years go by. Nothing like the old 7.3L days.

Or maybe I'm just unlucky? Who knows.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@raisins you're probably not going to like the latest GT recall (given you have the current model). At least it's not an engine issue though. Something about the hydraulic fluid from the wing leaking onto the exhaust.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed with all of them being faster/harder. But fifth is a little absurd imo.... definitely worse than all the others.

Makes me wonder if it’s my transmission. In normal mode it most often skips fifth, which is why I never notice it. I’ve been watching closely and when it DOESN’T skip fifth in Normal, you can feel it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alecb354