Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisJTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its really weird like one tire is getting power, has the dealership looked at it yet? Im curious what they say your issue is if they can find it.
Yes its exactly like only 1 wheel getting power. Gonna drop off dealership in a couple of days. Just gonna use 2wd for now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that for both of you guys. Such a great truck hate to see anyone having issues. Hope you guys get it sorted soon and PT have you considered contacting your Ford Customer Services Regional Rep? Sometimes they can help...I heard you can call the Ford Performance tech line and they will be able to refer you to the regional rep.

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that for both of you guys. Such a great truck hate to see anyone having issues. Hope you guys get it sorted soon and PT have you considered contacting your Ford Customer Services Regional Rep? Sometimes they can help...I heard you can call the Ford Performance tech line and they will be able to refer you to the regional rep.

Hmm I might contact them if I cant get this shop to fix the issue,

here is a bad video of the issue, sound needs to be on, IDK how to embed
https://youtu.be/wrBBHoG6Sc8

Last edited:

ChrisJTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm I might contact them if I cant get this shop to fix the issue,

here is a bad video of the issue, sound needs to be on, IDK how to embed
https://youtu.be/wrBBHoG6Sc8

Is that sound from 4a? Swung by a good alignment shop to see if it could be an alignment issue and after the test drive the mechanic there said he has seen a couple of gen2s come in for the same issue, said it could also be the transfer case. Mine has no odd sound. Just dropped mine off today @ the dealership. Rode with a tech and tested 2w and 4a. He definetly stated there is something wrong with the front end.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no that was in 2wheel I tried to video the wheel movement but it was to hard to film lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having two problems that hopefully someone can shed some light on.

First is with weak starts. With 2+ hour COLD engine, it starts up perfectly fine. If I shut the truck off after a drive and return 30-60 mins later, I get a weird startup like this:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA_nHHlz2-2zrbnMhSLQ4_NVJcj1z51H0

Second issue is shifting into Drive. The videos I took massively under represent the harshness of the shift. This is just pulling the shifter out of park and back into drive. Reverse is smooth as butter. Drive damn near breaks your neck.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA_nHHlz2-2wEJzGB3CGToK9ztSKDDt7w

^ these links should take you to a playlist with several vids

Last edited:

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had shift TSB done?

Yes I have. It went in for this problem and rough downshifts. The truck was returned with the new flash that allegedly took care of both of these problems. Also had some trans sensor replaced.

The rough downshifts it did fix for sure. I thought initially the shift into Drive was better but it certainly either got bad again over time or wasn’t fixed in the first place and I imagined it being better.

I’m thinking it’s getting worse though. If it was like it is currently from the time I picked it back up, it would have been immediately noticeable, but I never thought twice about it back then...

I’d say 10% if the time it’s *maybe* passable, 80% of the time a passenger will say aloud “wtf was that,” and the final 10% worst of the days it literally lurches my truck forward a few inches (overcoming the braking force).

Obviously it needs to be taken in... just was hoping to get a feel if this was common or not. Or if anyone with a deeper mechanical knowledge than myself could help narrow what specific part of the drivetrain could be causing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m at 22,000 trouble free miles now. Literally no issues at all.