GEN 1 Possible Tie rod, sway bar problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nighthawk

Reaction score
2014 SCREW

Over the past year and half/ two years, I have noticed when traveling at any speed and hitting a lot of small bumps consecutively especially washboard roads, the ass end tends to slide out. Tends to do it less if I have a full tank of gas or anything heavy in the bed.

Also while driving fast and hitting bigger bumps/ raised railroad track beds, low water crossings etc, the truck pulls to the left very hard and then back to the right even harder once the front tires touch down. Almost pulls the steering wheel out my hand.

Buddy who has the same year model as mine said this is not normal for these trucks and gave me a list of stuff to look at.

Could this be a tie rod, sway bar, bushing issue, I don’t see any shiny metal or worn parts under the truck, bushings look fine to me. Curious if anyone has had the same issue(s).

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jack the truck up one corner at a time. Grab the wheels at 6 and 12 and check for play, then again at 3 and 9. Report back your findings.

Wheel bearings
Tie rod ends
Ball joints

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jack the truck up one corner at a time. Grab the wheels at 6 and 12 and check for play, then again at 3 and 9. Report back your findings.

Wheel bearings
Tie rod ends
Ball joints
2014 SCREW

Over the past year and half/ two years, I have noticed when traveling at any speed and hitting a lot of small bumps consecutively especially washboard roads, the ass end tends to slide out. Tends to do it less if I have a full tank of gas or anything heavy in the bed.

Also while driving fast and hitting bigger bumps/ raised railroad track beds, low water crossings etc, the truck pulls to the left very hard and then back to the right even harder once the front tires touch down. Almost pulls the steering wheel out my hand.

Buddy who has the same year model as mine said this is not normal for these trucks and gave me a list of stuff to look at.

Could this be a tie rod, sway bar, bushing issue, I don’t see any shiny metal or worn parts under the truck, bushings look fine to me. Curious if anyone has had the same issue(s).
thanks to @B E N he helped me fix a very similiar issue