Possible Stupid Beadlock question time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MasterKeebs

Reaction score
just looking to see if anyone has run into any issues running the OEM '13-'14 Bead lock wheels on a 2011? From everything that I've been able to read/find so far is that offset/lug pattern, etc. is the same, but would like to consult with the experienced crew on here before I pull the trigger on a set.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the OEM Beads on my 2014....60K...1 set of new tires so far...and never a problem....and I personally think the original look is killer....
Good luck..!

OP
OP
MasterKeebs

MasterKeebs

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Gives me that little extra comfort. Put the order in last night and should be here in a week.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey make sure a shop that knows what they're doing installs them, and be prepared for that extra unsprung weight. Also I've been torquing the bolts every few weeks for the last 2 years. It takes a few minutes a wheel but it gives me so much peace of mind that it won't eject a bolt while on the highway. Also take time to make sure you know your local laws.

OP
OP
MasterKeebs

MasterKeebs

Reaction score
UPS screwed the pooch on shipping so the 4th wheel didn’t get delivered until yesterday. Started prepping them for paint today. Not going full beadlock just yet. Still gotta get those rings. Can do on the pics.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey make sure a shop that knows what they're doing installs them, and be prepared for that extra unsprung weight. Also I've been torquing the bolts every few weeks for the last 2 years. It takes a few minutes a wheel but it gives me so much peace of mind that it won't eject a bolt while on the highway. Also take time to make sure you know your local laws.

On the topic of weight, does anyone know what the lightest gen 1 OEM wheel style is?

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the topic of weight, does anyone know what the lightest gen 1 OEM wheel style is?

I remember reading that the lightest was the first generation non-beadlock wheel, coming in right around 38 pounds.

s-l1600.jpg

The second generation non-beadlock wheel were about 40 pounds.

w3891mb_1.jpg

And the SE beadloack capable wheels where just a bit heavier at 41 pounds.

692757.jpg

And the Ford OEM beadlock is 9.5 pounds, per Ford Racing parts. The GEN2 beadlocks are advertised as 48.5 pounds, so just a bit lighter than the GEN1 beadlocks.

I don't have exact sources, but I did do a bunch of research into wheel weight before I decide to make the jump to beadlocks and installing General Grabber X3s about 3 years ago.