Possible New Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Brandon###

Reaction score
I had my 2012 done back in September after experiencing downshift issues. They tried to do just the reprogram of the PCM but the issues persisted. After the leadframe was replaced I have had no more problems. I was initially told the bill would be over $600. Glad I had the bulletin to show the SA that the coverage was extended to 150k miles. No charge.

It’s sad how they would try to take advantage of the owners who do not have that info

I can’t imagine having it downshift on a road that’s icy or covered in snow. It would make for a wild ride.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welp I'm calling tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called my dealership and they said my VIN is not listed in the recall even though my build dates fall within the range.

Call me a bit confused...

OP
OP
B

Brandon###

Reaction score
I called my dealership and they said my VIN is not listed in the recall even though my build dates fall within the range.

They gave me the same initial story.

I told them the truck almost caused a serious accident so they needed to fix it. I just had to push the issue and escalate it a bit.

The dealership even covered the rental car. That car (brand new focus) went into limp mode and died 1/4 mile away from my house. I got to ride back to the dealership in a tow truck and the service advisor immediately knew what happened. I was the second Focus that afternoon with the same symptoms, apparently they have TB issues constantly.

Last edited:

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score

What's your build date?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's your build date?

I don't remember exactly - I can find it at home, but long story short, I custom ordered it in the last half of 2011 and it was delivered January 2012 - so definitely within that range. I want to say it was built in November 2011, but it's been a few.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't remember exactly - I can find it at home, but long story short, I custom ordered it in the last half of 2011 and it was delivered January 2012 - so definitely within that range. I want to say it was built in November 2011, but it's been a few.

my door says 6/12, when i called the dealership they said no recall according to my vin. so then I called ford customer relations (1-800-392-3672) and they confirmed that my build was "good"

OP
OP
B

Brandon###

Reaction score
my door says 6/12, when i called the dealership they said no recall according to my vin. so then I called ford customer relations (1-800-392-3672) and they confirmed that my build was "good"

My build date is 8/12 and I was told I was “good” too.

Chances are they will not fix it unless you tell them your truck had an unintentional downshift to 1st.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had the lead frame replaced on my 2011 about a month ago and it was around $900. If it gets a recall I wonder if they will reimburse me?