Possible fix for front end rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Over the past week, I have started to notice a rattle sound from the front that really stands out over choppy stuff and when pulling in and out of the driveway. I also got a call from a Ford service advisor friend of mine asking if I knew of any "front end noises" that same week. Hmmm, looks like I need to do some investigating. I've heard of people having this issue before but it hasn't happened to me until now so I of course check it out. I determined that the noise was from the drv. side so I started checking nuts and bolts and low and behold, the first one I check....the rear upper control arm nut/bolt was loose. Now don't go getting into a frantic frenzy here and thinking that you and your family are going to die a horrible death over a cliff from the control arm falling off, not the case, lol. The nut was still on the bolt and nowhere near coming off, it had just loosened up enough that it wasn't keeping enough pressure.....not finger loose but, enough that it was very easy to turn with a wrench (21mm by the way). I tightened it down and of course checked everything else, both sides, nothing else loose.....test drove, all good. I made a call back to by friend and he told me that, low and behold, it was the same exact thing on his customer's truck. So anyone who has this noise may want to check this area out. Don't just look at it and touch it or try and turn it with your fingers, put a wrench or socket on it and check it.:waytogo:

19-Kilo

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea had the same question... as most of us don't have access to the torque values unless we buy the multi hundred dollar manual from Ford... Thanks!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
awesome info soco i dont have any rattles in my front end but i'm for sure gonna double check everything in the front and rear now just in case :waytogo: