Possible damage after a run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay guys did a 150 mile run today. Towards the end the truck started to loose control of the rear. It would want to kick out around the turns. I was on rock so it might all be in my head but almost feels like I broke something in the rear. All seemed fine on the way home. Any ideas? My next mod was a diff cover so I guess I’ll find out. It was very weird.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was any part of the stability control on? It's possible to overheat the brakes if it is.

also if the locking diff was on and off during the run and wasn't releasing (binding is possible) it can feel like weird rear end handling.

just talkin'...

OP
OP
gotsboost

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was any part of the stability control on? It's possible to overheat the brakes if it is.

also if the locking diff was on and off during the run and wasn't releasing (binding is possible) it can feel like weird rear end handling.

just talkin'...
Yea I thought about the brakes too. Hard to tell. End of a run everything was hot.

OP
OP
gotsboost

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anything to make the trans not act totally stupid in off road mode? Hey don’t need to be at 4000rpm the whole time

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay guys did a 150 mile run today. Towards the end the truck started to loose control of the rear. It would want to kick out around the turns. I was on rock so it might all be in my head but almost feels like I broke something in the rear. All seemed fine on the way home. Any ideas? My next mod was a diff cover so I guess I’ll find out. It was very weird.
I mean, have you looked in the back to see? Sway bar, shock, leaf spring, tire pressure, etc? It isn't too hard to give it a once over in the driveway. Maybe an ABS sensor or something affecting traction control?

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there anything to make the trans not act totally stupid in off road mode? Hey don’t need to be at 4000rpm the whole time
FU-king annoying I know, manual shifting helps, paddle shifters would help more as the manual shift buttons are kinda tiny.

Not sure what you mean about the rearend, was it just powersliding too much? ROCK rock or gravel? Spin out or just getting sketchy?

OP
OP
gotsboost

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FU-king annoying I know, manual shifting helps, paddle shifters would help more as the manual shift buttons are kinda tiny.

Not sure what you mean about the rearend, was it just powersliding too much? ROCK rock or gravel? Spin out or just getting sketchy?
Rock. Yea it would loose control. I think I was just more ballsy at the end. Didn’t have it in off road mode which is part of the issue. Stupid abs