Possible Cam Phaser issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a thread yesterday but it got deleted?

So my truck was acting up, threw codes P0018 and I Think P0021, its at the dealer now. Hopefully they fix it asap as I'm 900 miles from home in NorCal.

The dealership said they would like to do a diagnostic first with their reader and it was going to be like $185, if they find out its a Ford issue I won't have to pay that. Is this normal?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If your truck is under warranty and no visual mods, I would of wanted to kick them in the teeth, lol. If you have visible mods, then I can understand their theory.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your truck is under warranty and no visual mods, I would of wanted to kick them in the teeth, lol. If you have visible mods, then I can understand their theory.

I haven't paid them anything yet. All I have is an intake and oil catch can. The service advisor didn't even pop the hood to look.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't paid them anything yet. All I have is an intake and oil catch can. The service advisor didn't even pop the hood to look.
Seems strange, but on the good side, I've heard of lots of members having a hard time even getting an appt, so at least you are in!

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's Cam Phasers, going to be covered under warranty. Will be done end of next week. Guess that sound I heard on startup wasn't just the HPFP.