Possibility of Raptor Production Being Paused?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also. There was an unplanned dump of nearly 20,000 Raptors in the USA market for my 2020. All due to Congress dragging ass over tariffs.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just don't know that a hybrid is going to appeal to the masses. Doesn't it feel like hybrids are old news? I mean, hybrids were all rage a decade or so again, and they have waxed in popularity. Does making a new hybrid get people excited?

You also run into the problem that you can't get rid of the weight needed for the gas engine and supporting parts while you add the electric motor and battery. It's not exactly the best of both worlds since you're getting the negatives of both worlds as well, and possibly not being able to do either one all that well in the process?

Agreed, I don't see the point of a hybrid on a vehicle like the Raptor. It'll still be inefficient and do worse at the stuff it's supposed to be good at due to all the extra weight. Maybe I'm missing the point so I would love for the folks who want to see this happen explain what they expect to get out of a hybrid raptor.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just don't know that a hybrid is going to appeal to the masses. Doesn't it feel like hybrids are old news? I mean, hybrids were all rage a decade or so again, and they have waxed in popularity. Does making a new hybrid get people excited?

You also run into the problem that you can't get rid of the weight needed for the gas engine and supporting parts while you add the electric motor and battery. It's not exactly the best of both worlds since you're getting the negatives of both worlds as well, and possibly not being able to do either one all that well in the process?

Im in the metals recycling/manufacturing/auto industry for work. I could wax poetic on how much nonsense EVs are- the type of batteries required to fully operate a real Electriic vehicle like a Tesla people will WANT to buy are much larger/heavier & result in much more residual hazardous byproducts from both the manufacturing & “recycling” end of their life cycle (they basically can’t be closed loop recycled like how PB acid batts are- there is inherent hazardous waste & utilization of finite non-replaceable rare earth elements too. Hybrid models w/ smaller elec motors in the hubs for instance much smaller footprint when it comes to that. If the gas engine has an issue maybe they engineer a “limp mode” on solely battery power or vice versa.

You don’t have to be concerned w/ charging most hybrids (altho im sure there would be some
Intermittent charging @ the outset depending on situation) EVs its priority #1. You can run outta gas & electricity in a hybrid in gridlock traffic or stranded a mile from the next exit- you can get filled up quickly & move on your way, not so w/ an EV.

Until the power generated to charge an EV is green & renewable- they are not green. That should be the priority, not the cart before the horse. Then - how bout charge time? If you could get a full charge in 30 mins for an EV F150 that would be a HUGE improvement over current standards, & you’d still be taking 6x as long to recharge your EV as it takes for me to fill up the raptor w/ 36 gallons.

Just got a snow storm this past few days, getting colder out.

Go take an EV up to northern ME for the weekend, book a nice remote cottage - watch the temps dip below freezing, into the teens, well how bout below zero....how confident would you be operating an EV as your sole transportation in those climates? (Hint- you shouldn’t be lol)

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There’s going to be an all electric F-150 soon enough. But Ford has the hybrid tech already in operation. Talk about a massive boost in torque that can instantly bring. And you also have a gas burning vehicle that can go anywhere currently. Some don’t want tech in a truck you would take out in the middle of nowhere for reliability sakes. But I’m sure they can design it with an electric motor bypass to get you out of the woods if failure happened. So I can only see positives to the hybrid.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think when an EV can self charge, then you have a major game changer. Tech surely isn’t there yet. Solid state batteries will drastically improve on lithium-ion, but tech isn’t there yet either.

A lot of improvement still to come.

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until the power generated to charge an EV is green & renewable- they are not green. That should be the priority, not the cart before the horse.

Couldn't agree more... always thought it was funny that people driving around in their Prius' thinking they are changing the world and forget the fact that the battery is difficult to recycle, and I'd bet a significant number of them end up in landfills.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There’s going to be an all electric F-150 soon enough. But Ford has the hybrid tech already in operation. Talk about a massive boost in torque that can instantly bring. And you also have a gas burning vehicle that can go anywhere currently. Some don’t want tech in a truck you would take out in the middle of nowhere for reliability sakes. But I’m sure they can design it with an electric motor bypass to get you out of the woods if failure happened. So I can only see positives to the hybrid.
Military is already utilizing hybrid tech for their most remote venturing vehicles. Motors in the hubs is key.