Portable Winch Ideas.

Would you be interested in a product like this?

• Yes, you sir, are a genius

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No, I would rather drop 5 grand in a bumper-Intercooler swap.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been bouncing this Idea around in my bucket and am trying to work out the logistics. I like the concept of the Superwinch portable but the quality and capacity is just not getting it done for me.

Here’s what I’m thinking, Warn Axon 55-S with wireless remote, installed in a plastic toolbox with the Fairlead mounted on an external plate which would be thru bolted back to the winch body. The plate would have a single shackle on the front and dual shackles on the back. Separate battery in a marine box.

You would secure the winch to a tree, rock or deadman, double your capacity with a 15k snatch block. Pull your truck out with the wireless remote and when you done, everything goes back into your decked drawer.

Thoughts, feedback?

Last edited:

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see why not.

I had a portable Winch from Warn years ago that was mounted to a hitch. All I had to do was mount a forward hitch. It worked great. I even too it off the forward hitch mount once and mounted it to a bumper kit for a JK I had too.

I say go for it and then send some pics

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

OP
OP
Uncas

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long of pull will you get out of a battery that is not getting a recharge?
According to fourwheeler mag, a NorthStar battery can pull a disabled Jeep M715, which is a little heavier than a Raptor, up a sand dune 471 feet before it drained the battery. With the Axom and a snatch block we’re only looking at 20 foot pulls (40 foot with an 8s) and would be assisted by the truck’s power. If I’m disabled or in real deep, I’ll break out the inReach or Icom and call for help.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/154-1303-battery-bashing/