Popping sound clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how to explain this , so I was pulling out of Home Depot from a complete stop i here a pop from the rear when take off , today aprox a month later I give it some juice and I’m doing 50-60 I hear the same pop .somtimes when I come to a complete stop ,I hear and feel it ,almost like someone hit me from behind .

Last edited:

weldoid

Reaction score
It happens right after filling the tank. It’s the fuel sloshing. Happens to all of them. All good!

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I have not filled the tank .and I’ve just started hearing this , I’ve had the truck for 3 years

weldoid

Reaction score
Oh too bad, thought it’d be an easy one!
I’ve only experienced the fuel one.
If I was having your issue, I’d start by checking that nothing is rolling around in the cab or bed. Then I’d check the lug nuts. Then I’d get under it, have a good look for any thing knocked loose or foreign objects, and then check the spare tire, the leaf springs and shackles, the rear shocks, the driveshaft and u-joints, and rear brakes for loose components.
If nothing is found then Id start suspecting rear diff and/or axle, or the transmission :(