Pop-up Campers/Trailers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMann2380

Reaction score
This is a little more rugged than a regular popup but still better than regular tent camping. Excuse the pics, they are just cell phone shots with the spring over and matching Raptor wheels.

BUT I still can't get my girlfriend to go with me, whereas with a regular popup I'm sure I could. That Jayco Baja is pretty cool.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 102
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 124
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 108
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 93
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 106
OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Picked it up this past weekend and it towed nicely behind the Raptor. We set it up at the house and started some minor modifications to make it more comfortable and user friendly.

We ran a benchmark test to see if/how long our Honda EU2000i generator would run the A/C. It had no problem running the A/C and battery charger, but when I tried to use the microwave, it went into overload protection. It shouldn't be an issue if we remember to only run one or the other at a time. Also, it ran the A/C continuously for just over 4 hours on 1.1 gallons of fuel. We are very pleased with that!

This weekend we are doing some driveway camping to get our act together before we take it out for real.

Here are a couple pictures of it mated with the truck.

Attachments

• DSC05069.jpg
    DSC05069.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC05071.jpg
    DSC05071.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a little more rugged than a regular popup but still better than regular tent camping. Excuse the pics, they are just cell phone shots with the spring over and matching Raptor wheels.

BUT I still can't get my girlfriend to go with me, whereas with a regular popup I'm sure I could. That Jayco Baja is pretty cool.

I'm sure digging the matching wheels! :hail:

JMann2380

Reaction score
Picked it up this past weekend and it towed nicely behind the Raptor. We set it up at the house and started some minor modifications to make it more comfortable and user friendly.

We ran a benchmark test to see if/how long our Honda EU2000i generator would run the A/C. It had no problem running the A/C and battery charger, but when I tried to use the microwave, it went into overload protection. It shouldn't be an issue if we remember to only run one or the other at a time. Also, it ran the A/C continuously for just over 4 hours on 1.1 gallons of fuel. We are very pleased with that!

This weekend we are doing some driveway camping to get our act together before we take it out for real.

Here are a couple pictures of it mated with the truck.

Looks good. What's the advantages of the A-Frame vs. a regular popup? Just no canvas to deal with?

-Josh

Jerryballs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a heartland mpg and its very similar to the "r pod". I would save your money and get a nice pop up...they are pretty rugged and seem fairly roomy.

OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good. What's the advantages of the A-Frame vs. a regular popup? Just no canvas to deal with?

-Josh

No canvas and it sets up in literally 5 minutes. :sunot:

We looked at the others with canvas and decided that we really didn't need that much sleeping area for just the two of us. The wife also liked that the hard side provided a greater sense of security.

This one has the toy hauler which resulted in the larger off-road tires/wheels and increased ground clearance over most other standard popups.