Pop sound from front left when using 4a

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
REX111

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has been sitting at the dealership not getting worked on. They're getting me a loaner car to use while my truck sits.

OP
OP
REX111

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now get to drive a 2022 Ford Edge. Service writer isn’t calling me back. I’ve contacted ford and they’re waiting to hear from the dealership.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How can the service writer not be calling you back? I would of phoned the service manager and said "wtf is wrong with BOB he's not calling me back like he promised. Does he still work there or did you finally fire his dumb ***?".

OP
OP
REX111

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford reached out to me and called the dealership. I got a text message two hours later from my service writer saying that they didn't forget about me and should be looking at the truck later this week. I still can't understand the total lack of communication.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford reached out to me and called the dealership. I got a text message two hours later from my service writer saying that they didn't forget about me and should be looking at the truck later this week. I still can't understand the total lack of communication.
It's just the way the world is now. The service industry is hit and miss. Service writers , case managers mostly feel that it's not a requirement to keep customers, patients, etc informed. If you find a good one, you stick with it, otherwise you have to be one step ahead of everybody. Not too many people think like this anymore, it's old school thinking.

OP
OP
REX111

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no updates. I know the dealership has at least drove the truck. My miles to empty is less and i have more miles on the truck.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still no updates. I know the dealership has at least drove the truck. My miles to empty is less and i have more miles on the truck.
Yeah monitoring FordPass can help to determine if any work is going on.

Now if you only had that cellular dash cam ;)

OP
OP
REX111

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealership just sent me a text. They think it’s the transfer case. They have reached out to ford to get approval.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealership just sent me a text. They think it’s the transfer case. They have reached out to ford to get approval.
Are they trying to get a new one (hopefully) or approval to rebuild yours? I know they aren't a lot of money, so hopefully they choose to drop in a new one, if they are available.

OP
OP
REX111

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure I agree with this diag. The noise in question only happens in 4a when turning left or right. Not sure how the transfer case would cause to happen.