Pop sound from front left when using 4a

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve driven for a week without hearing anything abnormal. Ford customer care reached out and apologized for how long this took to rectify. They gave me a 36 month oil/rotate plan that I can use at any ford dealership. I normally do those thing myself, but its better than nothing.
This is trying. You’re right, better than nothing and better than some things. They were obligated to do nothing, but made an effort.

What defines a vendor isn’t how they handle no problem sales, but how they handle it when it all goes south. Your customer experience is not ideal, but they did follow up and try to make it right.

I’m glad this appears to be in your rear view !

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m currently sitting at the dealership again. Service manager is will in to pay his tech for another hour of diag time to trouble shoot this sound. They’ve have my truck for the entire month of January so I don’t know what one more hour is going to do. I even test drive another gen2 with the tech and it doesn’t make the noise that my truck is making. I’m still waiting for ford customer care to get back to me. This has got to be the worst customer experience I’ve ever had.
I

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something seems amiss here. Ford spent a small fortune in unnecessary hardware before doing a thorough torque check? I’m glad you you at least got some new parts out of the experience.

I love Chassis Ears for chasing down mechanical / clunking noises. I have an infrequent clunk on my 2020 on re-apply of power after a low speed turn. After reading this thread, I will get Chassis Ears and diagnose the noise myself before giving it to a dealer.