Poor man's kill switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes I have to park overnight in places where I worry about theft. Is there a fuse I can pocket that will prevent drive-off theft but not reset the software or give me a headache? Convenience is not a real consideration since I park in my garage at home. It would be for the occasional peace of mind when I'm at a motel. Thanks all.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I have to park overnight in places where I worry about theft. Is there a fuse I can pocket that will prevent drive-off theft but not reset the software or give me a headache? Convenience is not a real consideration since I park in my garage at home. It would be for the occasional peace of mind when I'm at a motel. Thanks all.
Fuel pump fuse would likely be the best bet.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To bad the inertia switch is "electronic" now. Was nice when you could slap the kick panel and then just had to push a button to reset.

20leadfoot

Reaction score
Like the other guy said, just pull the fuel pump fuse and the truck won't start. No headaches at all. I always pull mine if I'm parked somewhere out of town for several days or if I'm parked out in the desert riding my bike. Peace of mind knowing at least they can't drive it away.