Poor customer service, yet again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All chances of me wanting to run Icon products on another truck of mine have gone out the window.

Ordered a whole kit from Freedom Motorsports back in February.

Problem 1
The leafs were missing the longer locating pins. Called to have then sent out, was told they werent included at first, then the rep back pedalled saying they were included.

Problem 2
Hydraulic bumpstop kit was missing the frame nut pieces. Called Icon, Icon rep asked for copy of invoice and the pieces would be shipped NEXT DAY.
Here we are, the next day, still no parts. Emailed the Icon rep, given a tracking number for Fedex, item still hasn't left and is being shipped via ground.
I should have made sure that the boxes had all the parts, but I shouldn't have to make sure that someone did their job correctly.
So now I have a truck on a lift, eating up time and space, and + $7k in parts making me wish I purchased Kings and SVC products.

Whats the excuse Icon? What happened to taking care of the customer?

FRF Members, take this as an example of how Icon handles business

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Going to jump in here since Kyle purchased these through us. First off, every manufacture or distributor or raptor fabricator makes mistakes. They are all human and usually there are multiple hands involved in the making of a product all the way to when the customer receives it and even the shop that might install it. Out of all the companies that we represent, ICON hands down has one of the best customer service that I have to deal with. I say that as distributor for them and even before I worked for Freedom Motorsports, when I was a consumer.

Kyle, we both know what happened with the RXT Leafs, the shipper decided to take everything off the pallet and parts went missing. That was out of my control. You went directly to ICON and I told you that I would be more than happy to take care of it for you. I just recently heard from you about the bump stop, again I wish you would of contacted me first and let me take care of it. That is what I am here for.

I am a firm believer that anyone can sell parts but what's more important for me now and when I was a consumer is customer service during the sale and if there is any issue how well that company who sold you something takes care of any issue that might come up. A lot of issues is no fault of ours but you know that I will bend over backwards to make sure my customer is taken care of. You can ask anyone that has dealt with me how I address issues. I will do whatever I can within my power to make sure you are taken care of.

ICON is a great company, mistakes can happen, go back to the reseller you are dealing with and let them deal with the headache. If the reseller will not help you then as a consumer, take your business elsewhere.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im honestly not a large fan of freedom because he told me i had to PM him before he could speak to me about spending thousands of dollars at said company.

but i dont see the large issue here. stuff like this happens all the time in the non oem market. say if a ton of stuff was missing or completely wrong i would feel a whole complain thread would be needed. but eh, at least you can afford 7k worth of parts lol.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of the “PM for pricing” routine either, but I’ve been scorned for expressing similar sentiments. some blather about “MAP / minimum advertised pricing”. see the $hit show that came about in the “pedal commander awesomeness” thread.

But ok, I understand that to some extent the vendors have to follow the agreed upon rules. fair enough. And, I’ll say that I’ve bought from Freedom >1 time and would buy from them again FWIW.

I read this and to me there’s a gap between the level of outrage I get, and what’s typed. Maybe there was more leading up to it, but if those are the only 2 issues I have from a large suspension mod order, I’m probably reasonably ok with it. Not 100% satisfied, but I’ll deal with it. Maybe there was a previous experience.

This reminds me of the first suspension mod I made to my first Mustang - a ’90 GT. I bought weld on sub frame connectors, got them delivered and stationed them by the door to take to the shop that Saturday. When I went to go to the shop for the mod, the very large box with the SFC’s is missing. Long story short, my wife ...thought(allegedly) they were trash and threw them out. Lucky for her this was just before the local speed shop’s President’s day sale.

Good luck with the suspension mods!

OP
OP
C

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The biggest issue was being told that I should receive a missing item the next day. Plus, I shouldn't have to double check for other peoples mistakes. If this is incorrect, where else can there be an issue?

I worked in the industry before moving to the Northwest, parts can get overlooked, we ate Next Day shipping all the time. I would never tell a customer I'll get a part out next day then turn around and send it ground.

Im bent out of shape because this is the 3rd time I had issues with the same company. When I had bypasses a few years ago I needed the bypass stems, called emailed, PMd, no answer from anyone over there. I work graveyard, I don't have the luxury to make phone calls on normal people hours.

The leafs were missing parts, I was told they weren't included. That issue was resolved

Now the missing bump frame inserts. And being lied to