POLL: If Ford offers engine option (V6 and V8), which one would you pick?

Which engine would you choose in the 2017 raptor?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford gives more hints on what the gen 2 torque numbers will be but when it comes to HP it's just a quick response of "just more than the outgoing model." I was expecting 450+ hp but if that was the case they would be flaunting those numbers already so I'm going to say 425 HP and 475+ TQ. Impressive for a smaller motor but if I had a choice I would go with a bigger engine that doesn't work as hard as to a smaller engine screaming it's head off.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I'd also argue that if you have $80k and want a desert race truck, there are WAY better ways to do it. There are some great companies building gorgeous tube-frame prerunners that will leave ANY Raptor for dead in the desert... Hell, a Rally Fighter is about $80-$100k and will crush a Raptor all day.

If it's a dedicated toy for the desert than hell, run a blown 454 LSX on methanol, 30" of wheel travel with a proper full-cage, 4-link and so-on and so-on... The sky is the limit once it doesn't have to be factory built. $80k buys a LOT of good hardware...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure where you are shopping but $80,000 might cover the labor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 1 guys: "Who cares if the Gen 2 has more power, these trucks arent meant for drag racing"

Gen 1 guys: "Im waiting for a ttv8 option so I can have ALL the powAAAAA!!!"

Gen 1 guys if the Gen 2 was actually slower in a drag race: "Hahaha what a ************* my 6.2 v8 is way faster than that ****** Ecoturd 3.5!!"

No logic in these arguments but by all means keep this thread alive!

Listen captain circle jerk, if logic had anything to do with it, most of us would be driving Honda Accords.

That said, I personally think more power is always better, but when you're talking about building a street truck it definitely doesn't make sense to start with a Raptor. They really aren't made for street racing.

By the way, have you ever driven one?

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Man the old guys are still rubbing themselves dreaming about their old V8s. Thought this would have died down by now.

And apparently the young guys are rubbing themselves while dreaming about the old guys rubbing themselves.

///MfanF82

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and didn't have a chance to read this whole thread and thought I would share this link. If it was posted earlier in this thread I apologize. I've been following this forum for about a month now and thought I'd share this and see what everyone's thoughts and opinions were on this...

Update: Twin-Turbo V8 in the new Raptor: The F-150 Raptor will also receive the upcoming EcoBoost 5.0 V8 in 2018 | HorsepowerKings.com

If this is true, then I'm going to cancel my order. I can wait for another year.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and didn't have a chance to read this whole thread and thought I would share this link. If it was posted earlier in this thread I apologize. I've been following this forum for about a month now and thought I'd share this and see what everyone's thoughts and opinions were on this...

Update: Twin-Turbo V8 in the new Raptor: The F-150 Raptor will also receive the upcoming EcoBoost 5.0 V8 in 2018 | HorsepowerKings.com

If this is true, then I'm going to cancel my order. I can wait for another year.

I wouldn't. HorsepowerQueens aren't the most trustworthy bunch.....

Although, if it is stated in a more reputable publication, then I'm sure about 90% of the current FOAMERS will cancel their orders and get on the V8 train!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!