Poll: Does/did your 2017 Raptor leak oil.

Did your 2017 Raptor leak oil?

• No oil leak

Votes: 116 73.0%
  • Yes I had a leak

Votes: 43 27.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lasercat

Reaction score
Just had my Rappy in for the transmission roll pin recall and dealer noticed the oil pan leaking. Relatively minor leak at this point (no oil spots on the garage floor, nothing noticeable with a quick look underneath), but they're replacing the oil pan under warranty.

3/17 build date, 10250 miles

Last edited:

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many times Sasbitch err Sasquatch :flipthebird: has voted in this poll :ROFLJest: (he would if he could)

This "poll" only has value to help uncover who has/had an oil leak. Most who don't won't respond at all. Carry on

I wonder how many people voted who don't own a 2017......

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you graphed the data points of 100 users and drew a best fit line through said data points, would your graph be similar to one with 100k users.?.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just had my Rappy in for the transmission roll pin recall and dealer noticed the oil pan leaking. Relatively minor leak at this point (no oil spots on the garage floor, nothing noticeable with a quick look underneath), but they're replacing the oil pan under warranty.

3/17 build date, 10250 miles

2017 2/2017 build. Oil pan leak noted at 9500 miles and was replaced when they replaced the transmission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you graphed the data points of 100 users and drew a best fit line through said data points, would your graph be similar to one with 100k users.?.

The correct answer is......

Impossible to know with the data we have

Jasoncor

Reaction score
Sorry, but you clearly don't understand statistics. I teach college statistics so if you want to disagree with me, that's fine. Statistics is a fascinating subject and incredibly powerful tool that shapes our everyday lives. But many parts of it are not intuitive, like population size not being relevant to sample size.

One of the interesting things you will notice on this survey is how the failure % has changed very little between 20 responses and now nearly 100. It's been in the teens the entire time and it would most likely stay there if we collected 1,000 or 10,000 responses. In surveys you know the result very early and additional data only gives you more confidence in the initial results.

Edit: The stable results between 20 responses and 90 responses also tells me the odds of fraud are low. If someone was going to mess with the results, they would most likely have done it early and over time further responses would quickly lower the average to the real level. Since this survey has shown a stable ~15% failure rate since the start, I don't think anyone is sabotaging the results.

Lol you teach college statistics? What a coincidence.