Police Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But you made the same illegal turn thousands of times in your 8 years of driving experience, and never got caught by the rude policeman. So consider yourself in the win category. Take your lick on your illegal turn, and move on. Pouting and bitching to a judge and the Internet about the policeman hurting your feelings by being abrupt and not catering towards your incomprehension of the law also does nothing to bolster your position. Toughen up, snowflake, and take responsibility of your actions instead of deflecting.

****DISCLAIMER: This advice comes from someone with 30 years of driving experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool chat man. I can't imagine how bored you must be to sit online looking for something to get offended about on someone else's behalf. You can't get on a forum anywhere these days without a bunch of middle-aged men trying to start a pissing match about something that doesn't even involve/concern them. If you don't like the post, keep scrolling, it ain't hard man.

mp_tx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool chat man. I can't imagine how bored you must be to sit online looking for something to get offended about on someone else's behalf. You can't get on a forum anywhere these days without a bunch of middle-aged men trying to start a pissing match about something that doesn't even involve/concern them. If you don't like the post, keep scrolling, it ain't hard man.

Technology is a wonderful thing—I get notified every time you quote my response. Not sure what you read that makes me look offended or dislike your post—I actually find it amusing. Like I explained, peel back the layers and you were at fault in your story, yet you are redirecting your wounded pride instead of accepting the fact you made a mistake, and a dumb motor cop knew more than you.

I may be middle aged (I got my provisional driving permit at 14, so I am not THAT old) but my life experiences have honed my ability to read between the lines and call things as I see them. Someday, you will mature as well and can try and can also provide helpful tips to the younger generation who post stories such as this on the World Wide Web.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I really don't get the hatred of people driving a Prius and the whole thing with diesel drivers blocking recharging stations etc... WTF?

People who have to buy oil based fuels for their vehicles are upset that people are driving vehicles that use very little or no oil based fuels???

Same as **** and vegetarians- it leaves more for the rest of us.

I am ALL FOR anyone paying more of their money to buy a vehicle that uses less of the fuel that I need.

Because they "hypermile" and clog up the fast lane. Every. Single. Time.
I got shit to do!

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Technology is a wonderful thing—I get notified every time you quote my response. Not sure what you read that makes me look offended or dislike your post—I actually find it amusing. Like I explained, peel back the layers and you were at fault in your story, yet you are redirecting your wounded pride instead of accepting the fact you made a mistake, and a dumb motor cop knew more than you.

I may be middle aged (I got my provisional driving permit at 14, so I am not THAT old) but my life experiences have honed my ability to read between the lines and call things as I see them. Someday, you will mature as well and can try and can also provide helpful tips to the younger generation who post stories such as this on the World Wide Web.

You're missing the point old timer, the story was never about me being mad that I didn't know it was a rule and the cop informed me otherwise. If you look a little closer you'll see that I said that had I known it was a rule, I wouldn't have broken it. Now that I know, I don't do it anymore. My point was: being a cop doesn't give you the right to be a **** to anyone, you should show basic decency to everyone unless they've given you a reason not to. Guess you glossed over that life lesson, apparently. Go find someone else to pester.

...and I never called the cop dumb, I said he was a ****, and he was.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're missing the point old timer, the story was never about me being mad that I didn't know it was a rule and the cop informed me otherwise. If you look a little closer you'll see that I said that had I known it was a rule, I wouldn't have broken it. Now that I know, I don't do it anymore. My point was: being a cop doesn't give you the right to be a **** to anyone, you should show basic decency to everyone unless they've given you a reason not to. Guess you glossed over that life lesson, apparently. Go find someone else to pester.

...and I never called the cop dumb, I said he was a ****, and he was.
From an outsider it seems like you are missing the point. A court of law is not the place to air your grievances about a police officer’s attitude. Go talk to his sergeant. If you have a legitimate issue it will be dealt with. Whether the cop was a **** or not does not change the fact that you got caught breaking a law you were ignorant of. What were you expecting him to apologize for doing his job and give you a refresher course in traffic laws? Pay your ticket and stop clogging up the court system with bs.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like I explained, peel back the layers and you were at fault in your story, yet you are redirecting your wounded pride instead of accepting the fact you made a mistake,

Internet 101 here. pretty much nailed it...well done sir.

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From an outsider it seems like you are missing the point. A court of law is not the place to air your grievances about a police officer’s attitude. Go talk to his sergeant. If you have a legitimate issue it will be dealt with. Whether the cop was a **** or not does not change the fact that you got caught breaking a law you were ignorant of. What were you expecting him to apologize for doing his job and give you a refresher course in traffic laws? Pay your ticket and stop clogging up the court system with bs.

You guys are really passionate about this. If only anyone in forums was half as passionate about staying on topic...

I get it dude, don't complain about the cop in court, ok, I won't. That wasn't my intention anyway. I'd explain more but it's pointless because people on the internet will always find something to argue with you about regardless.

I will say again, though, that it's not a police officer's job to be a ****. I'm totally cool with him pulling me over if I broke a rule, I'm totally cool with him telling me what I did was wrong. I didn't know it was a rule and he informed me it was, and I'm totally cool with that, and I haven't made a turn like that since. I never said "oh I didn't know it was a rule so that makes you a **** and I should get off the hook", that's never been my perspective. The problem was the cop was a raging ******* for no reason. I was out on my 9th wedding anniversary with my wife when it happened, in quite a fine mood, and I was polite to the guy. I never gave him any reason to think I was hostile or negative towards him. This is how I treat everyone. The cop was extremely belligerent, it was like he was trying everything he could to **** me off, and hope I reacted to it. He walked around my truck twice very slowly, looking it up and down, looking for anything he could to write me up for. This cop was a special case of *******, that's the only reason I mentioned it in the story at all. If it happened to you, I guarantee you would not have been happy with how that situation went down. This is not my first interaction with a police officer, believe it or not it IS possible for them to do their job without treating people like shit, and I've usually had positive interactions with cops even when I was getting a citation. I've never complained about a police officer in my life. I just mentioned in my story that the guy was a ****, which he was, and then get a shitstorm of "...back in my day sonny we just took our beatings like a man and didn't ask any questions" responses. That's cool man, you live your life how you want.

I'm not clogging up any court either, it's traffic court, they process whole groups of people at once. I will be globbed in with 10 or 15 other people and they'll ask my reason for contesting the ticket and I will tell them, and if they say that's not sufficient, you must pay the ticket, then I will pay the ticket and get on with my day.

So do you have a story about being noticed by police more in your Raptor or not?